Anything new in H367?

Here's a weird one I discovered by accident today:

I had the guide up and was going to enter a channel to set a timer. I accidentally turned off the receiver (it was a weird accident). I turned it back on and it came up on the same channel it had been on (expected behavior), but the guide also was up too (I didn't expect that). I could get out of the guide to full-screen TV on the channel I was on, but couldn't enter a channel. Couldn't go up or down a channel either. Brought up the guide, still couldn't enter a channel nor go up or down a channel. I was about to attempt a reset via the screen option when I saw that I now had 367. Thought that was interesting and backed-out to live TV again and pressed Guide. Now I could enter and change channels without any problems and all I did to "fix" it was go to the screen to do a reset, decided to try something else first and found that it was working fine. Why that "fixed" it, I have no idea...

So not everyone is experiencing the blackouts? It appears to be an issue with Hopper3/Joey3 combos only?

Is Josh reading this thread?
I guess it's just you and me :cool: ! I just noticed that my Hopper 3 was updated to H367overnight. Haven't seen a blackout yet but I've only had the TV on for 30 minutes. If I do see a blackout, I will check to see if my wife is also watching on one of the Joeys.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I noticed yesterday, one recording which was for yesterday monring when played back did not show any audio and video even as I forward and skipped through it to the end, thankfully the same content is recorded three times a day and the other two came out fine even though the 2nd one was in two pieces due to a brief 10 second power outage which lost about 6 minutes of content but the 3rd one was fine.

Sometimes this software reminds me of the time our Rottie tried to pick up three tennis balls at one time. Picked up two and tried for #3, then dropped #1. Fix one thing, screw up another!

Well now both my tv's are doing the blackout thing.
I have an H3 and a J2. When I change channels the screen is black for about 6 to 7 seconds and the Live TV label in the lower right comes on and then the program finally appears.
Did an unplug twice on the H3 and a reset on the J2. That did not fix it, this just started tonight.
My H3 upgraded to 367 and the J2 to 267 early yesterday morning.
Everthing was fine til now.

Edit : The Live TV label would flash on at first, then disappear and after the 7 second lag it would come back. Then the program would appear on screen.

Last edited:
  • Wow
I noticed yesterday, one recording which was for yesterday monring when played back did not show any audio and video even as I forward and skipped through it to the end, thankfully the same content is recorded three times a day and the other two came out fine even though the 2nd one was in two pieces due to a brief 10 second power outage which lost about 6 minutes of content but the 3rd one was fine.
That one is a false alarm as in one part of the video for a brief one minute near the end, it shows DISH with a message that they are sorry for the interruption for service, they are aware of the issue and will get things working as fast as possible.

Well I just turned on the Hopper3 tv with the Joey3 tv off and had a blackout within a few minutes. So that must not be a necessary condition. It does always seem to happen shortly after turning on the H3 or after switching to a different program.

Not sure when this first started but on my Hopper plus I cannot scroll channels up or down I can only change channels by typing in the number unless I go into the guide then I can scroll.

• Wow
Not sure when this first started but on my Hopper plus I cannot scroll channels up or down I can only change channels by typing in the number unless I go into the guide then I can scroll.
Interesting... Not seeing that here (just tried it, works fine). Only time I ran into that was when I had the guide up and accidentally turned off my Hopper (post #22). Of course your Hopper Plus may be behaving differently to H367...

Well I just turned on the Hopper3 tv with the Joey3 tv off and had a blackout within a few minutes. So that must not be a necessary condition. It does always seem to happen shortly after turning on the H3 or after switching to a different program.
clearly not fixed in this release and I can also confirm that the blackouts happen with or without a Joey 3 being on.