Anything New or About to Come Out Soon?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

linuxman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
North West of St. Louis, MO
Just like the title says, Anything New or About to Come Out Soon with S2 capabilities?

I am about to pull the trigger for another Technotrend S2-3200 and wondered if there was anything new on the market.

Doesn't have to be compatible with MyTheatre. I can always move my TT S2-3200 from the scanning computer to my viewing computer.

It would however need to be compatible with DVBViewer and Trans-Edit for scanning!

Here is one: DVB-S2 High Definition PCI Satellite card / Hauppauge [DVB-S2] - $74.99 : Sat Sun, Digital TV

It is a good viewing card since it only has BDA drivers and will not work with TSReader. I got mine yesterday but it has minor shipping damage on it (here is a picture of the damage) http://www.image-upload.net/files/7373/DSCF0040.JPG , I think it is a choke and not sure what it does, but have been able to lock onto s2 feeds without problem using ProgDVB Pro. I plan on moving my s2-3200 to my other PC with my BLSA.

Link to the manufacturer: http://www.tbsdtv.com/english/product/PCIDVBS2.html

Jim

Thanks Guys!

I knew if I asked someone would be up on new products.

I'll have to check on the compatability with MyTheatre and/or DVBViewer.

Glad to see there other companies interested in competition. :)

Question #1: What is a the difference between the above cards and Match Pro USB beside being USB ?? I am confused to which one to get and avoiding to deal with overseas because Matchbox Pro is in States. If no difference ill prolly go with Matchbox pro.
Question 2#: Currently i got Galaxy 25 using TV box top receiver. What other equipment do i need to enjoy PC Sat tuners to watch channels or do I have to move from Galaxy 25 to another Sat? I am looking to get HDtv n regular channels

I hope i am not hijacking this thread.

Thank You

It looks like the biggest difference is no CI support..which should decrease the cost and be more useful for NA users since we don't use CI anyway...
That's the way it looked to me too.

I contacted Cyberestore and they had hoped to have them last month but there was some kind of delay. They are hoping they will arrrive this month and said the price would be around $99.00.

I think I am going to wait a while as there seem to be some new items just around the corner. :)

"I think I am going to wait a while as there seem to be some new items just around the corner."

Hmm maybe I should wait too.

VFRJIM , Well I could try DVB-S2 High Definition PCI Satellite card / Hauppauge [DVB-S2] - $74.99 : Honestly don't know what is TSReader or BDA . All this FTA stuff is new to me. Maybe u can elaborate. I am still learning about the different product that deals with Satellite.

VFRJIM , Well I could try DVB-S2 High Definition PCI Satellite card / Hauppauge [DVB-S2] - $74.99 : Honestly don't know what is TSReader or BDA . All this FTA stuff is new to me. Maybe u can elaborate. I am still learning about the different product that deals with Satellite.

Well, TSReader is a type of stream reader, it gives all important info about the stream that you are receiving and many of us use it religiously, its not mandatory but for some of us it is. BDA is just a universal type of driver, not really important.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts