Anything to do before selling 942 on eBay

drjdan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Dallas, TX
I have a 722 being installed tomorrow replacing my 942 that I own.

Dish has offered to give me $10 for it if I return to them.

Since they apear to be selling for more than that on eBay, I figure I would sell it vs. giving to Dish for $10.

Is there anything I need to do to the 942 before selling on eBay? Will any of my account information be in the unit after Dish deactivates it?

Is Dish swaping out the 942 for free?

I just swapped mine. I got a 722 for $125. They offered 622 for $100. But I went for the 722 for additional $25.

the 942 makes a handy OTA tuner..I have a 811 that I use solely for a OTA tuner...you need a line from the satellite so I have a cable from 119 hooked up but works great for OTA :)

Dish won't re-activate for him, nor for a buyer who gets it off of eBay.

That's not entirely true! I just dusted off an old 942 that I owned and reactivayed it with out a problem. However we couldn't ge the 942 to work so they sent me 622 no charge. Maybe they won't activate a 942 on an accaount that never had the 942 previously, but they reactivated mine which was previously on my account.

Uhm.....Dish's max lease limit is set at 4. How can you be leasing 6 tuners?

That is just thier standard policy. I have known others on forum that have written to CEO@Dish and gotten the 3 DVR (6 tuner) lease. When I first called support, I got a lady had to get off phone to get answer when I told her I wanted to add a VIP tuner in place of my 942. She said I could return one of my 622 and they would send me two 612. She said eventhough it has two tuners, they make an execption. But the problem for me with 612 no PIP so I said no.

The next day I made a support call about a tech issue I was having with one of my 622. I ask him about getting a third one and said which did I want--622 or 722.

The 4 tuner rule is stupid in my viewpoint because if you have three HD TV's, then each one needs a separate receiver if each is to receive their HD programs. If they made a dual tuner DVR with two HDMI outputs (one to TV1 and one to TV2) then it would be able to share a recevier with two HDTV sets.

The 4 tuner lease limit is broken all the time. I have 6 leased tuners and I didn't write to the CEO office. Just called and asked for it.

I have a 722 being installed tomorrow replacing my 942 that I own.

Dish has offered to give me $10 for it if I return to them.

Since they apear to be selling for more than that on eBay, I figure I would sell it vs. giving to Dish for $10.

Is there anything I need to do to the 942 before selling on eBay? Will any of my account information be in the unit after Dish deactivates it?

Don't bother. Nobody will buy it, as Dish can no longer activate them. Unless someone wants it for the parts, it just a doorstop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts