slow changing of channels

Rey

Rey

@ your service
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
i have a vip622 & 211. lately my channel changing has slowed down by 5 to 6 seconds. can a lnb drift e-8 cause this? thanks for your answers :)

Agonizing Fury

Agonizing Fury

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 22, 2008
Not sure if the LNB Drift would cause slow channel changing or not, but it definitely indicates problems are coming. You should have the affected LNBs switched out as soon as possible to avoid losing your signal completely when it gets too far off.

Rey

Rey

@ your service
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
Not sure if the LNB Drift would cause slow channel changing or not, but it definitely indicates problems are coming. You should have the affected LNBs switched out as soon as possible to avoid losing your signal completely when it gets too far off.

KAB

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
i have a vip622 & 211. lately my channel changing has slowed down by 5 to 6 seconds. can a lnb drift e-8 cause this? thanks for your answers :)
I have the same -8 drift with no effect on channel change time.

Rey

Rey

@ your service
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
what is strange is that my ota's change lightning quick.

Rey

Rey

@ your service
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
thanks guys. i just ordered the single lnb for my 61.5w dish for $21. dish pro lnb.:up

H

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
thanks guys. i just ordered the single lnb for my 61.5w dish for $21. dish pro lnb.:up
How many years did you get out of your LNB? Just wondering so I know how much time untill I have to worry about it. I have 2 Dish 500's with the Dish Pro LNB's currently.

Rey

Rey

@ your service
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
How many years did you get out of your LNB? Just wondering so I know how much time untill I have to worry about it. I have 2 Dish 500's with the Dish Pro LNB's currently.

6 years. i know there was a batch of the dish pro lnb's from a certain manufacturer that were defective and would drift very fast but that's not the case anymore. this new lnb should be from the new manufacturer. :)

Rey

Rey

@ your service
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
what is lnb driftt e8 and what causes this

it means the frequency of the lnb is out of range. in my case e-8 is even -8 under the appropriate frequency range. e for even and o for odd. in my case i have to change my lnb because e-8 is pretty far off and i could start to have signal dropouts.