slow changing of channels

Rey

@ your service
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
i have a vip622 & 211. lately my channel changing has slowed down by 5 to 6 seconds. can a lnb drift e-8 cause this? thanks for your answers :)

Not sure if the LNB Drift would cause slow channel changing or not, but it definitely indicates problems are coming. You should have the affected LNBs switched out as soon as possible to avoid losing your signal completely when it gets too far off.

Not sure if the LNB Drift would cause slow channel changing or not, but it definitely indicates problems are coming. You should have the affected LNBs switched out as soon as possible to avoid losing your signal completely when it gets too far off.

i have a vip622 & 211. lately my channel changing has slowed down by 5 to 6 seconds. can a lnb drift e-8 cause this? thanks for your answers :)
I have the same -8 drift with no effect on channel change time.

thanks guys. i just ordered the single lnb for my 61.5w dish for $21. dish pro lnb.:up

How many years did you get out of your LNB? Just wondering so I know how much time untill I have to worry about it. I have 2 Dish 500's with the Dish Pro LNB's currently.

6 years. i know there was a batch of the dish pro lnb's from a certain manufacturer that were defective and would drift very fast but that's not the case anymore. this new lnb should be from the new manufacturer. :)

what is lnb driftt e8 and what causes this

it means the frequency of the lnb is out of range. in my case e-8 is even -8 under the appropriate frequency range. e for even and o for odd. in my case i have to change my lnb because e-8 is pretty far off and i could start to have signal dropouts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts