Anyway to disable Message 1229?

DBS Commando

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 18, 2007
It's very annoying when the Hopper decides to "reconfigure the network" and give me a full screen message saying that it's doing so. THEN I have to acknowledge the message by pressing OK. I really don't need to know this information - as long as everything is working properly, I'm good.

Anyway to turn it off?

My thought would be there are a lot of people who know nothing about their receivers. But boy, when a signal loss occurs or a message they are like people who lost their
electricity! They want it now! A message for them is helpful. I just read in here where someone did'nt know how to remove a DVD from their player....amazing considering DVD players have been around for about 15yrs now. I hear your pain.

I just hit cancel and the screen goes away.

That doesn't solve my problem. I don't want the screen appearing...at all. Unless, there is major problem and the Hopper network has gone down (for whatever reason), I don't need to know and acknowledge everytime the hopper decides to "reconfigure" the network.

Other than having flawless connections to the internet at all times, I don't see how you can avoid the message , when the internet server is reset. Maybe DISH will include it as an application you can turn off , like the other one in the EPG guide, or like the MOCCA sign . Suggest it to them and see if they will make a software update to do just that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)