Anyway to get discounted rates?

jaelae

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 1, 2004
New Jersey
I've been a cablevision subscriber for awhile but when FIOS was in the area I moved over to them (2 years ago) since they offered a major discount for existing cable subscribers and cablevision wasn't willing to lower my rates. I switched back to Cablevision when I moved last year and thankfully got the nice new subscriber discount.

Now that year is up and I am wondering if there is anything I can do to get any sort of discounted rate.

I am now paying the following:
$95.95 for iO Gold
$29.85 for iO DVR service (2 DVRs)
$20.25 for 3 iO Cableboxes
4 on demand services at $4.95 per month
$44.95 Optimum Online + $9.95 for Optimum Boost ($54.90 total)
$34.95 Optimum Voice
Then there is a triple play discount of $15.00

This still brings my bill after fees to about $243.70 per month. Under the 1 year promo I had the same thing for under $200. I've tried to bug them into discounting me back down a bit but no dice. However, if my roommate signs up for the service and I terminate mine - we can get the 1 year promo and do it all again next year. Seems a bit of a pain but might be worthwhile for the discount. Anyone know any other way to do this without going through that mess? Or at least a way to get them to bring the price down?

Thanks for the advice!

Friends have called and they just give them a better price.
The other thing is they give you better prices to keep you from switching to satellite.

I've been a cablevision subscriber for awhile but when FIOS was in the area I moved over to them (2 years ago) since they offered a major discount for existing cable subscribers and cablevision wasn't willing to lower my rates. I switched back to Cablevision when I moved last year and thankfully got the nice new subscriber discount.

Now that year is up and I am wondering if there is anything I can do to get any sort of discounted rate.

I am now paying the following:
$95.95 for iO Gold
$29.85 for iO DVR service (2 DVRs)
$20.25 for 3 iO Cableboxes
4 on demand services at $4.95 per month
$44.95 Optimum Online + $9.95 for Optimum Boost ($54.90 total)
$34.95 Optimum Voice
Then there is a triple play discount of $15.00

This still brings my bill after fees to about $243.70 per month. Under the 1 year promo I had the same thing for under $200. I've tried to bug them into discounting me back down a bit but no dice. However, if my roommate signs up for the service and I terminate mine - we can get the 1 year promo and do it all again next year. Seems a bit of a pain but might be worthwhile for the discount. Anyone know any other way to do this without going through that mess? Or at least a way to get them to bring the price down?

Thanks for the advice!

yes
get rid of the 4 on demands
get rid of boost

:eek: Ok....Why are you paying $29.85 for 2 DVRs...I have 2 DVRs (CV in Ct.) 1 HD & 1 SD & I only pay $19.98 (2 X $9.98) a month for the dvr service alone ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)