Anyway to use Cell Phone with 622?

i had voip, din't work with dish, kept charging me 5.00/mo had to go back to landline,

Why did you have to go back to a landline? Couldn't you just keep paying the $5.00/mo.
for not having the phone hooked up. How much is your landline? Are you paying the
phone co. $20/mo. for a landline just so you don't have to pay Dish $5.00/mo.?

Mark

...Not to confuse anyone... get the adapter. Get an account with a free VoIP provider. Configure the adapter. Test it. Hook it up to the E* box. Forget about it....
Just got the SPA1001 but it only has a "Quick Start Guide" and it doesn't list the IP address to configure. It has a table about configuring with a phone and how to check the IP address (does it "speak" it to you and you write it down?). Do you have to use a phone (I don't have one but will go buy one if I have to) to get the IP address?

Supposedly there is a workaround for voip users with existing equipment, according to my response from ceo@dishnetwork.com. I'm not sure exactly what it is, because you have to call and supply them with your acct number (not a subscriber until saturday)... but they also said that their future systems are designed to work with voip out of the box...though he didn't say when that would be.

voip issues

go to the menu and for the phone setting for dial out code put *99 , so it overrides the frequency so it can dial out just call DISH so that they can put the phone# on your acct. first

I signed up with FWD but it says that you can only call other FWD members on the Internet (which I don't care about) and not dial out to a "home phone" (land line). I don't understand how you get FWD to dial E*'s number? Is FWD the wrong service? Is there a place that has VoIP 101 step by step instructions and list what I need?

Last edited:
I signed up with FWD but it says that you can only call other FWD members on the Internet (which I don't care about) and not dial out to a "home phone" (land line). I don't understand how you get FWD to dial E*'s number? Is FWD the wrong service? Is there a place that has VoIP 101 step by step instructions and list what I need?

Did you setup the device using Voxilla's Device Config Wizard?

http://voxilla.com/tools/device-configuration-wizard/

To dial a toll free number... dial * then the number. Once you get this part working I'll give you a dial plan to automatically put the *.

PM me a phone number and I'll call you. I can walk you through the setup... it's easy.

I finely figured it out and got it going using Gizmo. So when I call E* tech support should I use the VoIP phone (bought a cordless phone from CC for $8.00 (corded was $13.00 :confused: )) or call from my cell? Also should I tell them my cell phone number or the 747 number.

You do have to pay but it is only .01 a minuet and the first 25 are free.

Last edited:
I finely figured it out and got it going using Gizmo. So when I call E* tech support should I use the VoIP phone (bought a cordless phone from CC for $8.00 (corded was $13.00 :confused: )) or call from my cell? Also should I tell them my cell phone number or the 747 number.

You do have to pay but it is only .01 a minuet and the first 25 are free.

Do you need to call E* support for something?

Toll free calls are free no need to pay anything. They'll never see the 747 number since this number is not trasmitted to the toll free number. Dial 1-800-444-4444 and you'll see what I'm talking about. I bet your number will be the same number I get from my Sipphone/Gizmo line.

Just an FYI...there are ways to call into your SIPPhone using several of the access numbers or you can purchase a local CallIn number for $3 a month.

Do you need to call E* support for something?

Toll free calls are free no need to pay anything...
So 800 (866) numbers don't count against your minuets? :up Also I need to call E* to unlock the phone line block on my 622 and remove the $5 charge from my account.

Thanks for the help.:hatsoff:

So 800 (866) numbers don't count against your minuets? :up Also I need to call E* to unlock the phone line block on my 622 and remove the $5 charge from my account.

Thanks for the help.:hatsoff:

http://support.gizmoproject.com/index.php?_a=knowledgebase&_j=questiondetails&_i=139

It looks like they say they charge for toll free but I'm not sure how they would bill people ;) If the toll free stops working, put a * in front like the link shows, or you can add it to the Sipura's dial plan.

Don't worry... Gizmo project isn't the only "guy" out there. I actually use FreeDigits for most of my toll free calls. I prefer my Sipura 841 SIP phone's speaker phone for conference calls so I hit the FreeDigits button and let it rip. I've held several 1 hr+ conference calls on their service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)