Apartment Antenna Help!

mecro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2005
Cleveland, OH
I bit the bullet and finally bought a 46" widescreen for my college apartment :cool: I dug around in the back of Circuit City's warehouse, and I found a Terk TV32 antenna.

Now, I live in Lafayette, IN (47909) which is around 50 nautical miles north from Indianapolis transmitters (according to antennaweb). I also live on the second floor of a three story apartment building, on the north facing side (no satellite, grrr).

I hooked up the TV32 last night onto my balcony, and it pulled in our only local, WLFI (CBS), and two Indy locals (WTHR NBC, and WRTV ABC). All three were perfectly stable.

I got up this morning, and I lost WTHR NBC overnight. No Today show in HD :(

Do you guys have any advice for an apartment dweller looking to pick up HD OTA? Also, is there any foreseeable way I could get WXIN (FOX) ? Why would I have a station at night, and not during the day? Do you have any other antenna recommendations? Any help is great! Thanks guys

mecro, A second floor location is better than the first floor. Do you know what the building is made of concrete or wood?

I've been looking at either the AntennasDirect DB8 or the Channel Master 4228.

Both have about the same gain on the stations you want to get, the CM is almost half the cost. How well do you get along with the upstairs neighbors? If you could mount the antenna on the 3rd floor, maybe get it just above the roof and share the signal?? Height and an open shot at the towers is what it takes at your distance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)