Apartment faces east, southeastern sky visible

wx4tcl

Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
I am roughly at 87*W, 30*N (that's an estimate, I'm in Pensacola, Florida) ...My apartment faces roughly east, and I have a clear view of the eastern sky, roughly from 350/0*-170/180* ... I understand that DirecTV-1R sits at 70-something West. Can I get DirecTV service by pointing to 1R alone? On the flip side, Echostar III is at 61.5*W, can I get Dish Network service by pointing to E3 alone? Both of those birds would be within my viewing range.

Not by pointing at those birds. Yes, direct and dish use those locations, but there are not many channels on those satellites. To get Directv's core programming you need to be able to pick up the 101. To pick up Dish Network's core programming you need to be able to pick up 110, and 119.
If you are wanting HD or internationals, you may require other birds as well

I am roughly at 87*W, 30*N (that's an estimate, I'm in Pensacola, Florida) ...My apartment faces roughly east, and I have a clear view of the eastern sky, roughly from 350/0*-170/180* ... I understand that DirecTV-1R sits at 70-something West. Can I get DirecTV service by pointing to 1R alone? On the flip side, Echostar III is at 61.5*W, can I get Dish Network service by pointing to E3 alone? Both of those birds would be within my viewing range.
Sorry your SOL in Florida you need a view to the South West. Post your zip code and I'm sure someone will give you the compass headings you need for both services main satellites.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts