Does my bill look right?

wyattg

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 9, 2006
Rancho Murieta
I currently have 1 ViP622 that I have had since March of 06. I am currently on the DVR Advantage 200 package. This is the current monthly bill.

DISHDVR ADVANTAGE, YOU SAVED $3.98! 49.99
DISHHD 20.00
LEASED RECEIVER FEE 6.00

Does that look right? I was looking on E* website and I see the receiver fee is included in the packages. I just got off the phone with India and they say I do owe the fee. Thoughts/Comments?

it changed

dish was charging every dish in it up receiver, now if it's your only receiver it's free

Just to clarify here,

Since the 622 is the primary receiver then there should be no $6 lease fee. Im clear on this. Suppose though the OP had another 522 receiver on his account, he owns the receiver, so would there now be a $6 lease fee on the 622? Or only an extra $5 for the additional 522?

Does the leasing fee take the place of the additional receiver fee then? Say the 522 is primary and 622 secondary. Would there be a $6 lease fee and $5 additional receiver fee or just the $6 fee?

If you have a DVR period It $5.98 per month.

No, you are confusing the lease fee and the DVR fee. The OP doesn't have a $5.98 DVR fee because that is included in the DVR Advantage Package. The lease fee for some receivers is $5 and for others it is $6. But if this is his only receiver then there should be no lease fee at all.

No, you are confusing the lease fee and the DVR fee. The OP doesn't have a $5.98 DVR fee because that is included in the DVR Advantage Package.

Are you sure there is no DVR fee with the DVR Advantage package? I'm being charged the $5.98 fee. Also, if you go to "build-a-dish" it still shows the fee dispite having the DVR Advantage package.

Are you sure there is no DVR fee with the DVR Advantage package? I'm being charged the $5.98 fee. Also, if you go to "build-a-dish" it still shows the fee dispite having the DVR Advantage package.

There is no DVR Fee this is the selling point of this package, the 1st DVR fee is waived/included with this package. It should also include the lease fee for your first receiver. In my case my only active receiver is the ViP 622, I have a 510 lying around but it is not active and has not been since I upgraded back in March of 2006. I had that confirmed when I had my discussion with India.

What kills me is that when I called in they automatically assumed the fees on my account were correct because they were there. The frontline agent tried to convince me it was becuase I had it hooked to two tv's I was being charged the feee. When I told her it was only hooked to one tv she said, "REALLY?! Are you sure? Well the fact it CAN do two tv's is why you are charged the lease fee? What kind of logic is that?

I am sick of the nickel and diming that all companies are doing and when they overchrage by accident/purpose and get called on it, they should be apologetic and take care of the customers. I don't know how they can't see that this is bad for business in the long run.

Yep, I'm sure. That is the whole point of the package.

-Dish's Advantage pack only include 1 DVR fee if you have more then 1 DVR then they will charge you for each additional DVR.
-Dish's Everything pack (AEP) waives the fee for ALL DVR's on that account.

There is no DVR Fee this is the selling point of this package, the 1st DVR fee is waived/included with this package. It should also include the lease fee for your first receiver. In my case my only active receiver is the ViP 622, I have a 510 lying around but it is not active and has not been since I upgraded back in March of 2006. I had that confirmed when I had my discussion with India.

It changed in feburary of '07, where if you did dishin it up after feb, then the lease fee is not charged for one receiver. However, if you did dishin it up prior to feb '07, you are charged the lease fee for one receiver. So if that upgrade you did back in march of '06 was a dishin it up upgrade then yes that charge is valid for one receiver lease fee.

Hey Hemi, copy and paste your bill and we can take a look, but it sure sounds like you are being ripped off to me!
Don't take offence,But I don't post personal papers on the Internet. But I know what I'm reading and I just got to the bottom of it this morning. And they were trying to pull a fast one,and I'm not to happy right now,about this and a few other things on my bill.When I get everything settled you will all be informed.

Don't take offence,But I don't post personal papers on the Internet. But I know what I'm reading and I just got to the bottom of it this morning. And they were trying to pull a fast one,and I'm not to happy right now,about this and a few other things on my bill.When I get everything settled you will all be informed.

You don't have to paste your address, phone and SSN, just the dish bill details.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts