Apex DT250A?

Zorak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apex converter boxes are on sale at BB. They have the original DT250, the DT502 (new firmware but no longer able to manually enter channels?) and now the DT250A. The saleman wasn't aware the DT250A existed :rolleyes: but once I showed him, he assumed they fixed some bugs. I just saw a mention of it on another forum but no details. I'd like to pick one up but if I can't manually change channels, I'd prefer an old 250. Does anybody know what the 250A does differently? Thanks!

I have a DT250 the only firmware improvements that I have read about is the hideous looking program guide and the up down channel buttons would skip a channel depending on your timing of releasing the channel button.

My guess the DT250A has the updated firmware.

Last edited:
I've read the DT502 cleaned up the program guide and it uses less power but I also read you couldn't manually add a channel on a 502. I'd like the improvements but I also want to manually add channels so I wasn't sure about getting the 250A. Thanks for your post. I think I'll take a shot and see.

Just picked one up and the case has vent holes in the top which I think is one difference. Another seems to be the instructions for manually entering and deleting channels in the manual (need to verify - wording is a little confusing to me). The box still has an S-video port and smart antenna which seems to be different than what some had said was on Wiki. Next step, testing.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)