Apple AirPlay Private Key Extracted

diogen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
The hacking feast continues: from Hotz hacking PS3, to Anonymous hacking everybody else...

Apple's turn has come
jhl::mafipulation
Including C source code and Perl script.

I strongly suspect the door busting team got its orders and is getting ready...:)

Diogen.

Okay, gotcha. I think I like the jean and black turtleneck goon squad better, but are you trying to say that companies have no right to protect their IP? Granted it may be fruitless to pursue the horse after it has escaped to barn, but they do have that right.

Apple can issue a new Airport Express private key and update the firmware, then new iTunes and iOS updates to complete the elimination of the compromised Key. Hopefully, the third-party AirPlay licensees have been issued separate and unique Keys by Apple to minimize any future security compromises.

... are you trying to say that companies have no right to protect their IP?
No. Did I say that?
Are you trying to say that this door busting SWAT raid was actually Apple protecting their IP?
"Think Different!" indeed...
Apple can issue a new Airport Express private key and update the firmware, then new iTunes and iOS updates to complete the elimination of the compromised Key.
Of course they can.
They will do it the other way around: first iTunes will stop accepting the old key and force you to update firmware.
But just like Sony learned recently, this might be easier said than done...

Diogen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts