Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Trick or treat? :)

1698265793081.png

Reactions: Foxbat
Maybe now I will find a replacement for my 2014 5K Retina iMac. But it will probably be MacBooks Pro instead. We’ll see!

Reactions: Ilya
I want to thank the OP for this thread. It saved me my time from watching it.

• Haha
Reactions: Ilya
Thankfully, they didn't give me any major reason to regret my M2 purchase. Other than the slightly lower price...

I’m still not a fan of the look of that iMac, but I guess it would work for our household Mac (currently a Mac Mini and 24” HP monitor). I would have to make some changes to move from my 5K iMac to the Mini, but maybe I could trade it in on a M2 mini or Studio. Hmmm…

Thankfully, they didn't give me any major reason to regret my M2 purchase. Other than the slightly lower price...
Did anyone notice the small screen sizes? No wonder the batteries last so long (hopefully doing more than watching streaming videos).

Another year passes without touchscreen support on Macs. Of course with screens as small as they are on the most popular models, I'm not sure it would be worth it.

I want to know where the annoying lens highlights are! That is how I know it's an iPhone image...

That is why the smiley was there, they were better than anything else a few years ago while running intel hardware, just saying, look to the end of the post with the em joy.

I took advantage of the B&H Photo Black Friday week deal to replace my 2016 13” MacBook Pro with a 14” M3 Pro with double the RAM & Flash of the old machine. I am in the midst of transferring everything from the 2016 MBP to the M3P MBP via Thunderbolt 3 (averaging about 150 MB/sec and under an hour to transfer versus my first attempt at restoring from my TimeMachine Backup which predicted over 30 hours(!))

Good thing I remembered I had a Thunderbolt 3 cable as none of my USB 3 cables were being recognized by the new Mac. I have plenty of TB 2 cables, but only one TB2 to TB3 adapter.

Apple changed their Trade-in Program so I should be able to get an additional $185 on an Apple Gift Card which will help pay for the AppleCare. Or maybe a new Apple TV 4K…