Apple Event: September 7, 2016

Whats with the singing Christmas Tree...

Well because of the Samsung Fiasco, looks like I will be getting a 7+ instead. I do like the camera, that will be useful for CES.

The "improvements" aren't even as substantial as I imagined. The idea that "wireless" music is inherently superior to wired headphones is laughable and the insult of the $160 earbuds will be felt.

$770 +/- for the Plus 32GB model seems steep to me.

Still no answer on how you charge and listen to music at the same time. I suppose they'll sell a butt-load of Lightning hubs.

The "improvements" aren't even as substantial as I imagined. The idea that "wireless" music is inherently superior to wired headphones is laughable and the insult of the $160 earbuds will be felt.

Still no answer on how you charge and listen to music at the same time. I suppose they'll sell a butt-load of Lightning hubs.
I don't agree. If I end up getting the new 7+ I'll be getting a set of those wireless earbuds/headsets.
As to improvements, well plenty of them and I was not disappointed in any way.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Reactions: KAB and jgags6
That new camera on the 7+ looks tempting!

I don't agree. If I end up getting the new 7+ I'll be getting a set of those wireless earbuds/headsets.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

I didn't watch the event but I'll stick with my current Bluetooth headphones. The sound quality and low power states of Bluetooth 4.0 are good enough for my usage (mostly podcasts and audio books) and I hate ear bud style headphones. I find them uncomfortable and I prefer bigger, on ear or over ear headphones.

I have a pair of Phillips on ear headphones I really liked for listening to music, audio books, and podcasts while mowing the lawn. It canceled enough mower noise for me to listen at comfortable levels. The Apple ear buds had to be cranked to full volume to hear them over the mower. Unfortunately the cord got caught on something while I was working a couple months ago and it seems to have bent the headphone jack on my iPhone 6. I can't get any pair of headphones to plug all the way in anymore no matter how hard I push.

I'll probably wait for the iPhone 7S or iPhone 8 to upgrade again because my iPhone 6 can already handle everything I need out of a phone. I still bought a pair of Phillips Bluetooth on ear headphones that looked pretty similar to the old set that I liked for about $100. Since my iPhone 6 headphone jack no longer works and I knew that the future iPhones would require a dongle to use standard headphones it seemed like a good investment. I'm still happy with this purchase and I doubt I'll feel the need to upgrade to Apple's new proprietary wireless format especially for a $160 pair of ear buds.

The only thing out of the Apple event I liked was Nintendo finally developing for iOS.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

At $159, it seems like quite a lot to drop on headphones that won't go all day on a charge and aren't yet supported by other devices.
Apple listed 10 improvements and other than maybe water resistance, I'm not sure what there is that most could take regular advantage of. $930 for a 32GB phone and a set of Airpods isn't exactly a piddly sum.

You could assemble a pretty good camera kit and a good phone for hundreds less.

At $159, it seems like quite a lot to drop on headphones that won't go all day on a charge and aren't yet supported by other devices.Apple listed 10 improvements and other than maybe water resistance, I'm not sure what there is that most could take regular advantage of. $930 for a 32GB phone and a set of Airpods isn't exactly a piddly sum.

You could assemble a pretty good camera kit and a good phone for hundreds less.

Why are you adding the price of the airpods to the phone price? No one has to buy them. Lighting EarPods and/or the included adapter means those are optional. I myself will continue to use my Bose and Bragi Dash Bluetooth headphones depending on whether I'm working out or need noise cancelling.

Take the price of the airpods out and the iPhone is in line with other flagship devices from non-Chinese OEMs.

One retreaded game is hardly evidence of an onslaught of forthcoming applications.

Nintendo is sitting on a gold mine and can't pull the trigger. How many thirty somethings would buy old NES games for their phones at a few dollars a pop? Nintendo could make tens of millions by just porting old games; instead they insist of releasing sub par hardware and making everyone buy it if they want to play Zelda, Metroid or Mario. Annoying as a gamer, and baffling from a commercial perspective.

Reactions: Neutron
Because lloydp211, the person I replied to, said they were planning on buying both the 7+ and a set of Airpods.

Well then an apples to apples comparison would be camera, phone and wireless headphones all at that price point, right? I personally don't like the looks of the airpods and Apple's EarPods have never fit my ears, but I don't think their pricing is out of line given other wireless headphones on the market.

Reactions: tigerfan33
Well then an apples to apples comparison would be camera, phone and wireless headphones all at that price point, right? I personally don't like the looks of the airpods and Apple's EarPods have never fit my ears, but I don't think their pricing is out of line given other wireless headphones on the market.

I like your Apples to apples analogy

That's the way I look at it. The phone is competively priced @$869 for the 128Gb iPhone 7+ and the wireless EarPod headset is competitive with other high end headsets. That said, I'm not ordering when they first hit the street because I want to see if any issues of importance show up. Well that and the resale/trade-in price for my 6+ took a tumble today.

Sent from my samus using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)