Apple in negotiations to buy Beats Audio for $3.2 billion?

Maybe also a backdoor way to get itunes music to android too via beats...

The thing is, it seems like Android is a pretty open platform. If Apple wanted to release an iTunes app for Android I can't see anyone stopping them. There are lots of music store type apps on Android that compete with Google's own offerings. I think the reason iTunes doesn't exist on Android is probably because Apple doesn't want it to for whatever reason.

As far as Beats headphones. It will probably be a financially good decision for Apple. They are flashy and expensive and that fits well with Apple's business model. They are kind of like the Bose surround sound of headphones though. Everyone knows the brand name and plenty of people buy them as a status symbol strictly because of that name and price. People who do some research before buying will know that for the same amount of money that Bose and Beats charge they can get equipment that sounds significantly better. I'm not saying that either of those brands make bad equipment but you can get equivalent sound quality for quite a bit less money. You just give up some of the brand recognition and flash by doing it.

I rarely use my standard Apple earbuds but unless they start replacing them with Beats earbuds I will likely never have Beats headphones plugged into my iPhone. I prefer bluetooth headphones when I'm running and my mid-range Phillips headphones for everything else. The Apple earbuds do occasionally get used if portability is a concern because it's much easier to just put them in my pocket.

Yes Apple probably could make an iTunes app for android, but they probably view it as a mistake since they want you to be locked into their ecosystem.

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/digital-and-mobile/6099227/five-things-apple-beats-deal

Looks like the deal is not ready for prime time yet. Did a video boasting of the sale upset Apple?

This is our favorite bit of gossip from our sources. Apparently, the Apple family near imploded with outrage when that video went up on Facebook of an ‘excited’ Dr. Dre with R&B singer/former Coca Cola pin-up Tyrese. In the video they share, in language perhaps unsuitable for a family blog, how Dre will be hip-hop’s first billionaire and other nice things about Compton. People often forget that despite Apple being this company that makes sexy products, with sexy profit margins, and sexy retail outlets…it is not in fact a very sexy company. It is a conservative company, particularly without the leadership of its guiding light Steve Jobs who would shake things up massively on a daily basis. This is not the kind of thing Apple is used to. It leads us to the next point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)