Apple IPAD Owner's Thread

Now I have Backgrounder loaded and can now MultiTask. Thats all I plan on doing with the TJailbreak on the iPad as it does everything else I want it to now.

Thanks Scott, I got the idea it was limited to tmobile optional carrier. How would you rate the jailbreak multitasking with the new OS from Apple multitasking? I've had a few times when I wanted to keep the browser active and my sling player but the iPad is so fast at switching it almost doesn't matter.

Can you try an experiment for us? Do a copy and paste across apps. This can't be done on the iPad. I wonder if jail breaking can enable copy past across applications.

TIA

Since the Apple MultiTasking is not released yet I can't tell you that... but once it's released I wont need to Jailbreak the iPad (or iPhone) anymore. :)

Dont need it..

I have a Sprint Overdrive coming tomorrow...

Unlike an iPad 3G I can watch NETFLIX and ABC shows at full resolution since the iPad thinks I am on WIFI. :D

Got my 64GB WiFi 3G this past Tuesday. Man, I am lovin' this thing as it is changing my digital lifestyle. I was concerned about the limitations before I bought it (no flash support, camera or USB, etc.), but once I had it, those concerns went away.

Mraif- glad you're enjoying your new toy!

I don't miss not having a camera and USB but I have run into a number of websites with Flash that I did miss. My solution is using some suggestions from other threads. I loaded up LogMeIn on my PC at home and then the LogMeIn iPad ap which streamlines the logging process. Anytime I run across the problem Flash website I really want to see, I just reopen it on my PC using the iPad for desktop control. Just a few seconds to launch and I'm good.

Well today I found one at the Apple store, which I was surprised it was in stock. Aren't these still hard to get?? anyhow, got the 16GB Wifi so I will see if I actually keep it or resell for mo $$$ hehe.

Question is, do I really need this IPAD?? hmmm

Locally I was told last week they are running about 5 days behind. Demand is still very heavy. Order on Monday pick it up Friday. Said that was for all models! They had no stock. Also running about 3-4 weeks on the cases which seems to be the second most popular product. My guess is they will have plenty in stock by July everywhere. I see they are ramping up the TV ad campaign and that means they have to meet the ads' back end. Expect sales ( aka delivered product) to increase as the summer progresses.

pro96-

You may regret getting the 16 Gb model. I have the 64 Gb and while that may have been overkill, I can tell you I am using about 20-22 GB of storage. Most of that is for feeds of video podcasts and TV shows, all free downloads. If you don't use the ipad for watching TV programs then you may have yours sized about right.

pro96-

You may regret getting the 16 Gb model. I have the 64 Gb and while that may have been overkill, I can tell you I am using about 20-22 GB of storage. Most of that is for feeds of video podcasts and TV shows, all free downloads. If you don't use the ipad for watching TV programs then you may have yours sized about right.

I haven't even opened it yet .. so its a good possibility it will go back before the 2 weeks grace period is over.

OK returned the 16GB and exchanged it for the 64GB.. Wifi
Came back home today, opened and jailbreak the mudatrucker.. its fast and very light.

Multitask now, why wait for fw upgrade from Apple hehe.

So far I like this device, might be a keeper for fathers day.

pro96-

So hows that multitask working for you?

I could sure use it here at times.

Some of these "hacker" apps like multitask/jailbreak, have hidden gotchas that people discover, sometimes with real trouble.

You may recall me bragging about how I have the mobile wifirouter on my TP2 to use with the ipad when away from the house or free hotspot. OK, it does work very well however, I did discover a gotcha in it's use. Seems there is a bug, well a couple I discovered in the past 2 weeks.
Bug 1- On the phone, when it is running you can't have it work in the background like other apps. Once you set up the connection your connection is lost if you try to open other apps on the phone or even answer a call ( well we knew that to be the case ) but even if I wanted to look at the weather app on the TP2 while the router app was running it would kill it. Therefore, it is required that you dedicate your phone to being an internet connection and wifi router.
Bug 2- This happened just once but by accident and then I was able to repeat it. The mobile wifi router may not close out, but stay running, preventing your phone from accessing the internet or data connection until you physically remove the app and soft reset the phone. Simply soft reset won't do. Have to remove the app and then soft reset. Keep the cab on the phone and reinstall the next time you need the feature.

This makes its use less convenient than I had originally thought. Therefore I put it in the category of "Possible but not convenient feature" The app should be used when you really need it and are prepared to uninstall and do a reset to prevent the app from strangling your phones own internet access.

At this point I don't know what triggers the strangle hold on the phone after using it but I was able to recover from this bug several times yesterday.

so far good, keeps my multi applications running like Email, Web browsing, MLB app, etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)