Apple IPAD Owner's Thread

Looks like there MAY be an issue with the transit of my iPad. Apparently there may be some sort of a customs issue because it shipped out 3 days ago and the status on UPS.com hasn't updated. So I called Apple to see what the deal was and they said they were aware of the issue but that it should still arrive on time, and because of my "inconvenience" (I suppose the inconvenience of having to make a phone call) they gave me a free smart cover. I feel like they're actively trying to court me. I feel so pretty. :p

Looks like mine got held up with customs or something. Hopefully I'll get it by Tuesday, and hopefully it'll arrive at or before my cover comes.

Looks like mine got held up with customs or something. Hopefully I'll get it by Tuesday, and hopefully it'll arrive at or before my cover comes.

Good luck!

I kind of want a new cover, the light grey one I have works nice but it attracts dirt. It washes off with water, but I am thinking I will eventually get the red one. Alas, I'll have to order it.

Looks like my iPad is being like Speedy Gonzales sprinting through the US at record pace. It went from Alaska to Kentucky in under 24 hours and now it's saying that my iPad will be delivered by 10:30 AM on Monday. Too bad I probably won't be here to receive it, but at least I got that pre-authorization form from Apple.

yourbeliefs said:
Looks like my iPad is being like Speedy Gonzales sprinting through the US at record pace. It went from Alaska to Kentucky in under 24 hours and now it's saying that my iPad will be delivered by 10:30 AM on Monday. Too bad I probably won't be here to receive it, but at least I got that pre-authorization form from Apple.

Congrats!!!

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

yourbeliefs said:

I've done the preauthorization form from Apple before and FedEx has still refused to leave the package and I've had to claim it at the depot. When I asked about this, I was advised that two many Apple packages go missing so they ignore the release. I'm not saying this will happen in your neck of the woods, but be prepared to not find it waiting at your door when you get home Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Do the boxes have a big Apple logo on them or something? Or are jerks looking at the from address and stealing based off of that?

Well, the fun continues..

More proof that my brain isn't running on full capacity, I just TODAY noticed that the pre-authorization form was for Fedex packages only, and my iPad is being shipped via UPS. Whoopsie. And of course, UPS doesn't have an official system to deal with pre-signatures, except to leave a note telling them to leave the package and hope that the driver agrees to do so. Hopefully they'll allow it to be dropped off with my nice, elderly neighbor.

Also, my iPad cover is being shipped via Fedex but Apple was unable to generate a new FedEx authorization form since it is already on the truck so I had to print out a blank one and need to fill it out and paste it to my door. Hopefully I'll just be home when these packages arrive, but I'm going to be gone at a job interview from 11 until at least 2pm, and knowing my luck both will arrive during those times.

Update: It arrived at 9:41! And now I get to do absolutely nothing with it as I now have to go to my job interview. :p

Still, I was a little surprised that the UPS driver knew what it was, or at least acted like he did.

Last edited:
COngrats! And good luck on the job interview.

I went to the office today and we pleased to see that they finally - after three years there - setup wifi in our buiding; I am within 20 feet of two access points. I was blown away by the signal strength and the speed of the wireless. Now my iPad will work at work without having to be tethered to my Droid. Very nice.

Here's one impression I have: the satguys iPad app is far superior to the Android one... Still trying things out on the ipad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)