Apple IPAD Owner's Thread

For those wanting to JB it is safe to upgrade because the JB will be released for all devices on 6.1 this Sunday. From what I heard this is an exploit that Apple will have a difficult time closing.

Yea but not thru OTA though. So Ive read.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Yea but not thru OTA though. So Ive read.

The only reason they want you to do the upgrade through iTunes is so you can do a restore upgrade to preserve your SHSH blobs.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

The only reason they want you to do the upgrade through iTunes is so you can do a restore upgrade to preserve your SHSH blobs.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Exactly. Doing mine tomorr via itunes

FYI:
Apple Increases the iPad's Storage
9:15a ET January 29, 2013 (Benzinga)

Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) said on Tuesday that it will start selling a version of its fourth generation iPad with 128GB of storage. The device will be available February 5.

With a suggested retail price of $799, it seems likely that this will just give consumers another choice when it comes to selecting an iPad. The 16GB, 32GB and 64GB models sell at $499, $599 and $699, respectively. Adding cellular data capabilities raises the respective prices.

Adding more storage to the iPad follows what Apple did with its iPod years ago. Original iPods offered around 32GB of storage; current iPods offer 160GB of storage.

Boosting the iPad's storage capabilities will be necessary to continue to expand what the device can do from a computational standpoint; high-end games and applications often require dozens of gigabytes of space.

Now with 128GB, the iPad offers more storage than nearly all other tablets on the market. The iPad's biggest competitors -- the Google (NASDAQ: GOOG) Nexus and Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) Kindle Fire -- only go up to 32GB. Microsoft's (NASDAQ: MSFT) Surface Pro will also offer 128GB of space when it goes on sale February 9.

With Apple making this move now, it might suggest that a fifth generation iPad might be further away than consumers otherwise expected. Apple released the third generation iPad early in 2012, and then a fourth generation only a few months later.

It would have been better if they had just doubled all the memory at the same price point in the next update. $930 for the highest priced iPad is way out there.

Did the update via iTunes.. Big 6.1 splash screen as it starts lol. Am soooo ready now for jb this weekend.

Sent from my iPad 4 using SatelliteGuys

FWIW, iOS 6.1 is now available.

Did the update via iTunes.. Big 6.1 splash screen as it starts lol. Am soooo ready now for jb this weekend.

Sent from my iPad 4 using SatelliteGuys

AHHHHH! Volunteers! ;)

Let us know how 6.1 goes. I'll hold off for a while, just in case.

Of course, if it fixes that annoying bug where music often starts playing when I hang up, I'll upgrade ASAP!

AHHHHH! Volunteers! ;)

Of course, if it fixes that annoying bug where music often starts playing when I hang up, I'll upgrade ASAP!

Yeah, I'll be waiting until the JB is released and confirmed working before making the switch. Phone first and then my iPad (although I'm not sure if that's legal anymore- I bought the iPad while JBing it was still legal, but the Library of Congress really did a number on tablet JBing and phone unlocking and I'm not sure if it applies to items bought before the illegality ruling went into effect.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

It would have been better if they had just doubled all the memory at the same price point in the next update. $930 for the highest priced iPad is way out there.
Given that the profit on RAM is on the order of 1,000-1,500%, it seems like a brilliant move to me.

Just nailing those that simply must have the mostest is probably worth a cool million.

AHHHHH! Volunteers! ;)

So far i dont see any difference then 6.0
But am sure it will be this weekend :D

So far i dont see any difference then 6.0
But am sure it will be this weekend :D

There is no difference other than a few setting tweaks.

iOS 6.0 should have just been another version of iOS5, like 5.5 or something. This latest update should also just be another version of 5, like iOS 5.6 or something.

This latest update should also just be another version of 5, like iOS 5.6 or something.
I suspect that they thought the maps update and the tweaks to Siri were going to be worth it but they were gravely wrong about the maps update.

I think Apple needs to advise that the cycle time for updates must be longer because they're obviously not able to keep up with the expectations while still delivering appreciable and unconditionally positive change. They've been pretty badly abused (right or wrong) over the last two iPhone increments that arguably don't stack up to a whole version. Not a position you want to be in when your competitors are mushing past you.

I hope this is the right place to ask, does anyone else have a problem in the app pressing the next button and have to go all the way back up to the top of the page and hit the next page number in the app. Or is my ipad just broken?

I hope this is the right place to ask, does anyone else have a problem in the app pressing the next button and have to go all the way back up to the top of the page and hit the next page number in the app. Or is my ipad just broken?

Are you talking about the SatelliteGuys app? Yes, I saw the same issue.
Here is the thread to discuss these issues: SatelliteGuys App for iPad Problems
For what it's worth, I am not seeing this issue since upgrading to iOS 6.1

Sent from my iPad 3 using SatelliteGuys

Cydia seems to be working fine now after 3 days of slammed

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)