Apple loses tablet market share to Amazon and Microsoft after Christmas

I think Apple will continue to see a decline in the tablet market.There are some awesome open environment android tablets available,and many have much better performance than Ios.

Well, yeah but by a miniscule amount if you read the article.

In tablets Apple lost 1.3% share but still holds a 76+% share of the market.

Amazon gained 0.6% and the Surface gained 0.5%, both numbers that are hardly earth shattering.

I think Apple will continue to see a decline in the tablet market.There are some awesome open environment android tablets available,and many have much better performance than Ios.

I agree, Apple will lose some market share. But I'm actually more amazed that they've held the awesome share they have in both phone and tablet markets. After all these years of the smartphones and tablets, I would have expected the numbers to do more dramatic shifts.

Almost 90% of the market is held by the top three (Apple, Amazon and MS). What that tells me is that android tablets have not caught on (yes I know Amazon is a custom version of android, but it is not marketed that way).

In November and December 2013, I bought two iPad Mini Retina with mobile data and one Windows 8.1 tablet. The Windows 8.1 tablet was Dell Venue 8 Pro and it was $200 shipped. The iPad Mini Retina with mobile data was $530... so I think Apple is doing okay. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)