Apple owns streaming hardware market

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
http://bgr.com/2015/06/04/apple-iphone-ipad-tv-online-streaming-video/

New studies of internet traffic shows that for watching paid subscription content like netflix or hulu Apple hardware is used 62% of the time. For unpaid like youtube Apple commands 82%.

Apple TV has more market share than Ruku. I that that was interesting. Personally I have both, but rarely use the Roku, but use the AppleTV daily. In fact I use my Chromecast more than Roku.

“It looks like desktops are losing the battle in the home,” the report ntoes, “bringing the TV Everywhere viewing platform full circle and returning viewers to the living room.”

If we isolate the tablet market as it pertains to online video viewing, Apple’s dominance is just as jarring. Adobe found that 86% of all online video viewing comes from the iPad, followed not too closely by Samsung Galaxy Tablets at 7%, the Kindle Fire with 4%, and the Microsoft Surface with 2%.

One final point of interest: on the browser side of the equation, the report found that half of all subscription-based video viewing online comes via Google Chrome.

http://bgr.com/2015/06/04/apple-iphone-ipad-tv-online-streaming-video/

New studies of internet traffic shows that for watching paid subscription content like netflix or hulu Apple hardware is used 62% of the time. For unpaid like youtube Apple commands 82%.

Apple TV has more market share than Ruku. I that that was interesting. Personally I have both, but rarely use the Roku, but use the AppleTV daily. In fact I use my Chromecast more than Roku.

The Apple TV is at 10% and the Roku is at 9%, not a big difference but if you look a little more closely that these numbers are global where Apple TV has more subs around the world while the Roku is mostly in the United States.

Also this-If we take a step back and factor in the Mac and all iOS devices, Apple practically owns the market as it pertains to viewing subscription-based video online. The iPad and iPhone alone check in with 30% and 18% shares, respectively. Once we add the Mac and the iPod into the equation, Apple products on the whole represent 62% of all devices used to access subscription-based digital content.

That shows that more and more want to watch stuff on their little devices then a TV, that would be the under 30 crowd which shows why there is no growth in Pay TV and that trend is worldwide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)