Apple Patent violations hold up supply of HTC phones

I saw that. This could kill HTC if they don't get something resolved soon.

HTC said they are sure that everything was taken care of...I dont really know how to feel 100%, other then maybe its time to look at the patent system in the US and tweak some things.

I honestly think these squabbles back and forth are ridiculous. These companies each have enough patents that they could litigate each other to a standstill. They should all just agree to reasonable cross licensing fees and focus on gaining market share by innovating and producing the most desirable product, not by stifling the competition through patent infringement suits.

The one area where this is going to hurt, well two...Consumers and Innovation as if one company can do what they want, it really will become a walled garden.

stuart628 said:
HTC said they are sure that everything was taken care of...I dont really know how to feel 100%, other then maybe its time to look at the patent system in the US and tweak some things.

I agree, it needs to be tweaked. With a sledgehammer.

I agree with whoever said that the patent system needs an overhaul with a sledgehammer.

it's stifling innovation,it's stifling competition andif it's the only way to win by overly broad patents then 1 has to question how competitive someone is.

it doesn't matter who this is, apple, microsoft, android, RIM or nokia. it's going to kill a vibrant industry.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)