"Apple taps Sharp to develop iTV"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

diogen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
Last edited:
Plenty of reasons to believe its not just a rumor. The idea of controlling the tv with Siri on the iPhone makes total sense, it will be interesting to see what they do. I hope the Apple TV box will benefit from some of the development that I'd suspect is going on with the iTV (or whatever it will be called).

"Making total sense" and "being a reason" are very distant relatives.
Case in point:
"With Oracle it doesn't have to make sense, it just has to make money."
---James Gosling.

I don't think Apple was/is any different. Just like any other Fortune500 company.

Oracle just prides itself being the Apple of the corporate business...

Diogen.

I just hope that this doesn't turn into Jack Donaghy's remoteless TV. I'm trying to locate a clip, but it seems NBC doesn't want to share...

Rocky. Do you feel like you are beating your head up against a wall and getting no where.:)

Rocky. Do you feel like you are beating your head up against a wall and getting no where.:)

Yeah, its just not worth it. And folks call Apple fans sheep. The Anti-Apple vitriol by some is over the top. And to be expected I guess. All I said was it makes sense for an Apple iTV to be drawing on the technology in Siri. And it WILL be interesting to see what they do. You'd think I claimed Apple was going to take over ALL televisions. :rolleyes:

I was one of the skeptics about an Apple iTV, but after thinking about it a bit, it makes sense and it could be a decent seller to those that are in Apple's most coveted part of the market. Consumers with plenty of money living in the cities that have good enough internet service. Apple doesn't have to sell anywhere near as many of their gear as do others because of their high margins, and there is no reason to expect the Apple iTV to be any different.

And yeah, there are Apple bashers here just as there are fanbois. I'm one of the latter even though I'm not all Apple all the time. My HTPC and laptop are both Windows boxes...

Eric Schidt appeared onstage at LeWeb in Paris this afternoon making some memorable comments
By the summer of 2012, the majority of the televisions you see in stores will have Google TV embedded...

Attempt to beat Apple to the TV market?

During the same interview he also claimed
Android to top iOS among devs in 6 months...

He should probably slow down on the HappyMeals consumption...

Diogen.

Eric Schidt appeared onstage at LeWeb in Paris this afternoon making some memorable comments

Attempt to beat Apple to the TV market?

During the same interview he also claimed

He should probably slow down on the HappyMeals consumption...

Diogen.

I'd say that passing ios in the smartphone market and Android will happen in about that timeframe. Android really didn't get started until the nexus 1. there were others, but this was the first level playing field phone.

Android activations have been outpacing ios activations for at least a few quarters so it's only a matter of time until if happens.

As for GTV interesting if accurate. can't wait to try our honeycomb on it.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

I'd say that passing ios in the smartphone market and Android will happen in about that timeframe.
You said it best: "There's a fundamental lack of understanding on your part.
I am not saying that to be rude, impolite or condescending."
http://www.satelliteguys.us/phone-z...roid-oem-tracking-software-6.html#post2711891

Android passed iOS in every imaginable metric many moons ago.
In every but one: amount of money developer make.
I.e. iOS AppStore has more paying customers.

You do understand what devs meant in the quote above, don't you?

Diogen.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)