Apple's quarterly earnings report: best ever!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

diogen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
Here
Apple's Q4 earnings are out, records set for revenue, earnings, and sales (Update: earnings call liveblog!) -- Engadget
Liveblog: Apple Q4 2010 earnings call

Some comments from Engadget:
Steve launched into a five minute rant that hit hard against RIM's entire business model, Android sales numbers and software fragmentation, and the impending wave of Android tablets. With the iPhone surpassing RIM, Steve says that he "[doesn't] see them catching up in the foreseeable future." As for Android sales, Steve takes issues with the market share figures that are currently floating around, saying that 275k iPhones were activated on average per day last month, compared to Android's most recent estimate of 250k per day -- though he does admit that Android outshipped iPhone in the June quarter, during the "transition" to iPhone 4. That wasn't Steve's only problem with Android, he takes major issue with the fragmentation and the onus he believes it puts on the user: "we believe integrated will trump fragmented every time
Oh, and 7-inch tablets? You're in for a bag of hurt. Steve pretty much outright killed any potential for 7-inch iPad rumors, saying that the software just isn't right for that size ("This size is useless unless you include sandpaper so users can sand their fingers down to a quarter of their size."), and that users have no need for a pocket sized tablet when they already have a smartphone. He called the iPad's upcoming competition in the space "DOA."

That last part I like the most: I'd really hate to like something St. Jobs does...

The fact he even bothers to mention/discuss other companies is a good sign, I believe.

Diogen.

All this good news and Apple has to look stupid trying to trash the competition.

Twitter

Contradicting Jobs' statements... "Did we at any point say it was a nightmare developing on Android? Errr nope, no we didn't. It wasn't." - Tweetdeck CEO.

Also, Apple lowered guidance for the coming qtr. That brought a smile to my face. It has been a double win for stock traders each quarter. I would prefer Apple lower guidance than raise it because of how it affects their market. It works for Apple because they are on a huge growth roll. Hate Jobs if you must, but fact is he is the reason for this company's success.

Also, note that ipad sales were off analyst's figures by about half a million units. It's important if you believe analysts have a good track record. Fact is if you follow these "experts" they are mostly wrong and never have to answer for their errors. Yet they make big money making mistakes. I've learned to ignore them and I don't trust what they say / predict.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)