Apple's Shares Are Now More Expensive Than Google's

Their phone business will get some pressure from the Galaxy S III launch/announcement in a couple weeks as well. Other devices have been released lately as well, but few have the marketing behind them that the Samsung and a few Moto Droid units receive.

harshness said:
You mean aside from the idea that some companies with big earnings reward the shareholders with big dividends.

There is no direct correlation of earnings and dividends. It is strictly an option the company selects or the company may be required to do like REITs are required to return 90% of earning profits to the stockholder. The key word here is option except when required by regulation

Continuing your statement-

...and some companies with large earnings pay no dividend, other companies with small earnings pay large dividends. However, the latter is usually a sign that the company is generating revenue to cover the dividend from selling more stock or it may also be a ponzi scheme. I've seen all sorts.

Sent from my iPad3 using SatelliteGuys app

I feel Apple is just on a cyclical pull back, a good opportunity to buy in small increments as the price continues to slide. There is nothing I have heard in the company fundamentals that warrants a stock price reduction. Last year we had a couple of company issues that caused some stock pullbacks, but each time the stock returned bigger than ever, and smart traders of Apple buy during these pullbacks.

Don Landis said:
I feel Apple is just on a cyclical pull back, a good opportunity to buy in small increments as the price continues to slide. There is nothing I have heard in the company fundamentals that warrants a stock price reduction. Last year we had a couple of company issues that caused some stock pullbacks, but each time the stock returned bigger than ever, and smart traders of Apple buy during these pullbacks.

Indeed, I intend to buy a handful of shares today as I finish my wife's IRA contributions for 2011.
:)

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

John Kotches said:
Maybe yes, maybe no. There is the possibility that the stock is overpriced and that this is a correction to that pricing.

Your best bet, John is to stay comfortably in your savings account. The .005% interest you get is guaranteed and you'll be ably to sleep at night. Investing and trading is not the those who live on maybes. We work with probabilities, not do nothing because of possibilities.

Mike, pushing to the last minute aren't you? :)

When I get back from NAB I need to open a non-deductible IRA and convert to Roth because this year I'm not legible for Roth directly. It's crazy how congress made a convoluted strategy for contributing to Roth.

Don, always pushing to the last minute it seems.

Bought 4 more shares. Not a lot, but it has performed so well, I figure a few more is not a bad thing. I pretty much doubled my initial investment, from a year ago. I don't know if that will happen again, but see no reason not to expect good performance.

And I just realized I have some un-allocated cash in my own IRA, so I had my guy just buy me another 10 shares of the fruit. That puts me at 20 shares between the two accounts. We'll see what it does.

rockymtnhigh said:
And I just realized I have some un-allocated cash in my own IRA, so I had my guy just buy me another 10 shares of the fruit. That puts me at 20 shares between the two accounts. We'll see what it does.

Hope you got in intime. Its having a giant recovery I see. All mine has been houses money since January. 255 shares. But I've been at this for 3 years

Hope you got in intime. Its having a giant recovery I see. All mine has been houses money since January. 255 shares. But I've been at this for 3 years

255 shares would be nice, but I am doing what I can do. And I made more than $100 today on what I bought, so no complaints there.

Got to sell sometimes to make it grow faster. I trade about 30% of my holdings. But the way it moves lately I like to make 50 per share on the sell trade.

Apple reports new quarterlies..

Apple today announced financial results for its fiscal 2012 second quarter ended March 31, 2012. The Company posted quarterly revenue of $39.2 billion and quarterly net profit of $11.6 billion, or $12.30 per diluted share. These results compare to revenue of $24.7 billion and net profit of $6.0 billion, or $6.40 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter. “We’re thrilled with sales of over 35 million iPhones and almost 12 million iPads in the March quarter,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. “The new iPad is off to a great start, and across the year you’re going to see a lot more of the kind of innovation that only Apple can deliver.”
See: http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2012/04/24Apple-Reports-Second-Quarter-Results.html?sr=hotnews.rss

35 million iPhones and 12 million iPads. Not bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)