[Mac OS X] Calendar launches Mail when sending invites...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
I posted this over at MacRumours as it looks like a high-traffic site.... Over (400) thread views and no responses though :( There's a handful of Mac users here so... Any ideas or help ?

----------------

Calendar launches Mail when sending invites...

...but didn't used to do this. I do use Thunderbird as my mail client and it is the default. Sometime in the past couple of weeks, the Mail app now opens and stays open. I don't know if the OS sent it using the default mail app or sent it "silently" in the background or what. I'm sure even if it used Mail to send it and then closed Mail, I would have noticed the icon show up in the dock.

How do I change this ?

Running OS X 10.6.8

I am not running Snow Leopard, but what do your preferences for Mail/Calendar look like? And I am also not running Thunderbird -- I do all mail in Sparrow. But are there any preferences about calendar invites in it?

I'm grasping at straws, want to help, but just don't have a clue..

I know, nothing new there. :D

The only setting in Calendar is "Automatically retrieve invitations from Mail" that I could try turning off. That setting has been on for a LONG time though. It seems like only in the past (2 weeks/month ??) that Mail has started opening.

I see nothing in Thunderbird (not surprised). I did confirm that it's the default mail client though.

In Mail, it indicates that Thunderbird is my defailt "email reader". I do have "Add invitations to iCal: Automatically" set but since it's not running, that shouldn't matter. I did change it to "Never" just to see...

I'm positive there hasn't been a "core" update in between when this used to work properly and when it started doing this.

Sorry - busy day. Like you, I see nothing there that explains why it is doing what it is doing. I don't know about updates to SL as of late.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)