Appreciation Pack

brian_tr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
Was looking at my account to see what needed to do to try get Hopper replaced and seen this. Appreciation Pack . No idea what it is?

Interesting that it is listed on your account. Is it a pack you can add on? Or is it an offer you can redeem because I don't see that on my account anywhere. A couple years ago when I was on the phone with support one time, I mentioned I was a teacher, and they offered me a "Appreciation Pack" for being a teacher. All that amounted to was a free movie and the Heartland Pack if I remember right.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I called and listed about 5 channels I getting for free. No of them sounded like anything I watch.

I have this listed on my account as well. I tried looking it up here and found some other reference to an "appreciation pack". So, not certain what channels they are... but if they go away I'll be mad. :D

Was looking at my account to see what needed to do to try get Hopper replaced and seen this. Appreciation Pack . No idea what it is?
I have this listed on my account as well. I tried looking it up here and found some other reference to an "appreciation pack". So, not certain what channels they are... but if they go away I'll be mad. :D

The Appreciation Pack has been added to certain residential customers' accounts automatically (it cannot be manually added), starting in 2016, if they have the AT120 or Welcome Pack. There's no set time for how long this pack will remain on accounts, and no further information on why it would be on some accounts and not others.

The channels included are:
SundanceTV
Hallmark Movies and Mysteries
Bloomberg Television
Outdoor Channel

The Appreciation Pack has been added to certain residential customers' accounts automatically (it cannot be manually added), starting in 2016, if they have the AT120 or Welcome Pack. There's no set time for how long this pack will remain on accounts, and no further information on why it would be on some accounts and not others.

SundanceTV
Bloomberg Television
Outdoor Channel
Thanks for the clarification. FYI, Getting ESPN would really show you appreciate me. :D

SundanceTV
Bloomberg Television
Outdoor Channel
Interesting, since both Bloomberg Television and Hallmark Movies and Mysteries were always included in all of my (and my sister's) accounts with Welcome Pack over the years, without any Appreciation Pack listed on any of those accounts. I think Hallmark Movies and Mysteries was a more recent addition to Welcome Pack than 2016, though. So, its inclusion in the Appreciation Pack may have been necessary for Welcome Pack subscribers at the time, but is now simply a regular part of that package. Or is this list saying that if the Appreciation Pack ever ends, then all Welcome Pack subscribers will lose these channels?

As for the other two channels (Sundance TV and Outdoor Channel) those are frequently featured as free previews (especially Sundance) in addition to Hallmark Movies and Mysteries also being a frequent free preview. So, no big loss if any of these did disappear, as it is never that long until you would get them right back anyway in the next free preview.

SundanceTV
Bloomberg Television
Outdoor Channel
I appreciate being given the Appreciation Pack. :)

I only noticed Bloomberg, which I always wondered about because its not part of my AT120 package. But I just checked and now see the other 3 channels as well.

The two year mystery of why I get Bloomberg is now solved.

Now the only question to ponder is why certain customers get it and others don't. In my case, it could be that I was a previous long term subscriber who returned to Dish Network after a gap of several years (Cable and DirecTV). Or could it be that I helped the installer hold the ladder? Or maybe because I'm over 60? Who knows?

Last edited:

SundanceTV
Bloomberg Television
Outdoor Channel
I might be interested in the outdoor channel but can't get it to come up on my guide?

I might be interested in the outdoor channel but can't get it to come up on my guide?
Do you have a 'Favorites' set in your Guide? Do you have the Appreciation Pack? Are you set for All Subscribed? If you are not subscribed you won't see it if you are set to All Subscribed. You can fix that, temporarily, by pressing Guide and then Options on your 54 remote. If you are using a 40 remote, press Guide and then the red button.

IMG_0041.jpeg

IMG_0043.jpeg

Do you have a 'Favorites' set in your Guide?
I have it set right. It says I am not subscribed when I try to tune to. MyDish says I have the Appreciation Pack. No big deal. I just want to get my only recording end of FOX program fixed. I will contact Dish to see about a replacement reciever. I have lived with this way long enough.

I have it set right. It says I am not subscribed when I try to tune to. MyDish says I have the Appreciation Pack. No big deal. I just want to get my only recording end of FOX program fixed. I will contact Dish to see about a replacement reciever. I have lived with this way long enough.
I logged in to my account and looked all over. I saw no mention of the Appreciation Pack, yet I have it based on the channels I am getting.

What page in my account do I need to look at to see the Appreciation Pack listed?

I is listed on the My Programming tab. It shows I have it but none of the channels are working.

1658831779455.png

Did you have AT120 or Welcome Pack at one point? Based off of what Dish Support said earlier in the thread, I see you have Flex Pack, and I wonder if the channels aren't activated if you don't have AT120 or Welcome Pack.

Did you have AT120 or Welcome Pack at one point? Based off of what Dish Support said earlier in the thread, I see you have Flex Pack, and I wonder if the channels aren't activated if you don't have AT120 or Welcome Pack.
I did several years ago. When they first offered the flex pack I switched to it. That may be it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)