Appropriate Cost for Dish install?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

test

Original poster
Apr 21, 2005
Hello -

I need a Slimline 5lnb dish installed at my vacation home near the Dalles Oregon for occasional use. I'll be taking my receiver back and forth for vacation (only have one) - so I'm looking for a local installer to set up the dish for me. I've already got the dish & am curious what would be a fair price to pay for the install alone?

Anybody know of someone in the area while I'm at it? Looking to get it done within the next week or so...

Thanks

I've already got the dish & am curious what would be a fair price to pay for the install alone?

Thanks

Best bet is your phone book.. the best price is the one you feel is fair.. while I say I would install a single tuner/Dish for $80 someone else may charge more or less. There are other factors here, that is assuming it could be reach from a 28' ladder w/o getting off and have easy access to a ground source and existing cales, or easy access to get the cable to the rec. Taller roofs, getting off ladders, dish type, pole mounts etc, may end up costing you more?

Not willing to give it a go yourself? Worse case is its up, but just needs to be tuned.

Thanks Zynergie -

I'd planned on installing myself - it's in an easy spot to get to. Leveling the mast & adjusting the Az/Elev/Tilt are all straightforward - but after reading the directions and reviewing other people's problems with tuning all satellites it sounds like chances for success are pretty slim...

I may still give it a go.... would love to get NFL on Sunday and there's no hope of getting an installer before then!

Thanks for the assist

Thanks Zynergie -

I'd planned on installing myself - it's in an easy spot to get to. Leveling the mast & adjusting the Az/Elev/Tilt are all straightforward - but after reading the directions and reviewing other people's problems with tuning all satellites it sounds like chances for success are pretty slim...

I may still give it a go.... would love to get NFL on Sunday and there's no hope of getting an installer before then!

Thanks for the assist
You can do it! It isn't as difficult as it sounds, really. It is pretty easy as long as you have everything plumb & level & no obstructions. Give it a try:up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts