Apps, DLNA on Joeys and Hopper

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Royal2000H

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2006
We have 1 Hopper connected directly to the router through ethernet and 3 Joeys connected with Coaxial only.

We can access DVR and On Demand on all devices.

But if we want Pandora or DNLA on the Joeys, what do we need to do? I read about the HIC, is that 1 per device/receiver or 1 per house? Is HIC the only way to get it working on all receivers?

What software version? Just enable bridging on the Hopper. Hit YELLOW - BLUE - SELECT - RED - MoCA - BLUE - BLUE - click BRIDGING - ENABLE - SAVE.) Should do the trick.

I had the same problem with a wired internet connection to 1 Hopper. BB@Home worked but DLNA apps didn't. I got a HIC and that cured it. I think you need a HIC.

BTW I got it free after I explained to Dish that they weren't available in March when I upgraded to the Hopper system.

With Hopper bridging there is no need for the HIC. Only time you would need the HIC is if you can't get Internet at any Hopper location.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts