April 30th?

PrjctDestiny

Original poster
Dec 6, 2005
Southern Tier NY
Im a little lost. Did I miss a post about Dish Network plans for April 30th or are they buying time? I just got my upgrade today from the 811 to the 411 receiver. After the install I called Dish Network about adding NBCHD, ABCHD, and FOXHD (already receive CBSHD). I live in the middle of nowhere (Southern Tier, NY) and I receive my locals out of Buffalo NY through my dish, but get CBSHD out of NYC as HD locals aren't available here and am unable to pick up a radio station let alone a tv signal OTA. I asked them a couple weeks ago about getting the rest of the HD Locals out of NYC and they said I could once I upgraded. Now that I've upgraded they tell me I have to wait until April 30th. When I asked why the individual just said "You have to wait." What am I missing besides a direct answer for my direct question? Needless to say I'm very unhappy with them for the needless upgrade that consisted of a $49.99 fee and an 18 month contract extension. It wouldn't bother me so much but the local signals from Buffalo to the Southern Tier thru Dish are TERRIBLE especially FOX.

From what I have read, there is a new sat EchoX or Echo10, this sat will also do mempeg4, locals that are on 129 or 65 will be moved around as well as HD channels and so on, as the super dish is fased out, less and less people will have a need for extra dishs, you are asked to wait because my guess is you won't need what you would need now to veiw what you want. I little long but I hope you get the point. Date I saw for the next biggest move is 05-05-06, hope this helps.hxxp://www.dishchannelchart.com/, try this alot of good info on channels and movement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts