This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Archos 604 Wifi / DishNetwork Information

Celestial

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 7, 2004
All:

I decided I would not wait for the PocketDish to come out next year and purchased a Archos 604 WiFi (Amazon). Anyway, I hear that it would support content transfer on the 622.

Today, I plugged in the Archos to the 622 and it recognized it. I was able to transfer photos from the device to the 622. Unfortunately, when I tried to transfer content it said "This feature is not yet supported".

The PocketDish has custom firmware to support Dish Network content. I don't believe that you can change the firmware on a standard Archos unit to enable this capability.

Archos / DishNetwork

The PocketDish has custom firmware to support Dish Network content. I don't believe that you can change the firmware on a standard Archos unit to enable this capability.

Archos / DishNetwork have a partnership where E* will sell a new PocketDish. It will basically be the same hardware I have now but with the plugin available for playing E* content.

I will most likely have to pay for that plugin, but I can see where if you buy the PocketDish 604 where they can just give it to you for free. I paid $20.00 for the Cinema Pak to play mpg/vob on my device, so that would be a way to get ppl to buy it.