ARCHOS 605 WiFi and 705 WiFi Portable Media Players to Connect With DISH Receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
thin i got it, restistered it from diff pc got validated, then entered in info to download dishnet plug in via scotts earlier post in this thread, did that entered my info and downloaded tv guide

i then unhooked ext hdd from 622, plugged 605 in and selected to record show from 605 guide

am i doing this right?

i thought the 622 would give me a recognize screen for 605 didnt see it

any tips please help
thanks

Problem with offloading files

Hey guys, did a search but didn't come up with anything specific.

I have an Archos 605 that I just bought and downloaded the dish plugin. I have a ViP 722 receiver.

Works like a charm pulling it from the DVR to the Archos. Plays great on the Archos.

HOWEVER, one thing I wanted to do was to be able to archive recordings on my PC. I don't really care about playing them on my PC, just want to store the files there, and then transfer them back to my Archos when I want to watch them.

Well, I opened up my Archos on the PC, went to the Dish Network folder, copied the file to my hard drive, then compared the two files. As far as I can tell, they look identical. I then deleted the file off my Archos, disconnected it, then reconnect, and copied the file over using windows explorer to the Dish Network folder on the Archos.

Again, compared the files, they look identical. However, when I disconnect my Archos and try to play the file, it gives an error and says it is unplayable.

Any ideas?

Ohh, one more thing. I did notice that it seems to lose all the info about the recording as well as the thumbnail view. I'm guessing that is saved somewhere else on the unit, maybe it deletes that when I delete the file?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts