Are a Turbo HD and a 1000.2 the same thing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Roscoepkittykat

Original poster
May 8, 2011
Charleston WV
I recently bought what was listed as a Dish 1000.2 kit w/tripod and peaking meter. When I took it out of the box, the reflector had Turbo HD printed on it and has the 3 LNB. When I set it up with the coordinates listed in the manual, I could not get a signal. After speaking with Dish tech support, they think I may have been sent a 1000.4 and gave me coordinates that are way different from my previous Dish 1000 that went bad. My question is: what is the Turbo HD, and could I have been sold a 1000.4 with maybe a WA LNB? Please help. Getting frustrated with this thing. Trying to set it up w/ a 211 receiver at zip code 26206 in rural WV and get nothing with original or print manual coordinates. Thanks.

Do you have a picture of it that you can post (even google 1000.2 and 1000.4 for a pic if you need to)

1000.2 and 1000.4 Western arc are pretty much the same thing (the 1000.4 is bigger), they pick up the same satellites, and the LNB's are evenly spaced on both

1000.4 Eastern Arc dishes have 2 LNB's close to each other, and 1 away

Here's the 1000.4 EA LNB

1k4LNB.jpg

Here's the 1000.2 LNB (or 1000.4 WA LNB)1k2LNB.jpg

All google images of "Turbo HD" show the 2+1 eyes. The LNB eyes I have are evenly spaced and are supposed to look at 110, 119, 129. The reflector is slightly larger than my older Dish 1000.

Technically "Turbo HD" and 1000.2 are the same thing but so are "Turbo HD" and 1000.4.

Your description leads me to believe that it's a 1000.2.

Is the reflector set up with the fine tuning cam and screw jack? The 1000.4 will have this feature, the 1000.2 does not..

FWIW, my original 1000 (not 1000.2) does not have "Turbo HD" on it. I wish I had a 1000.2 or better a 1000.4W for the larger area and better signal.
-Ken

The easy way to figure it out is if the 4 reflector bolts are evenly spaced like this is a .2

o------o

o------o

If the top 2 are farther apart then it's a .4

o-----------o

--o-------o

What is actually on the reflector is irrelevant.

Edit: I had to add the dashes to save the spaces, since it mashed them all together, ignore the dashes, you won't see them on the dish, lmao!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts