Are all phase 3 sattelites the same

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mike e

Original poster
Jun 7, 2004
:rolleyes: Hi I had posted a problem I was having before about getting a low signal on 110 and 119 after I had just bought a new phase 3 dish I had a phase 2 dish prior I have checked everything I could think of and tried everybodys
suggestions but still can't get it any higher than 50 on both of those sat. I bought a eagle aspen from cc I was just wondering if they are all the same or should I look for a different brand or should I take this one back and try another one or this is as good as it's going to get which I can't believe. Thanks for any help

I'm not sure about DirecTV but my Dish Network uses two separate dishes one for regular programming & the second for locals & HD. Are you asking if are all phase 3 satelites pointed at the same direction in the sky ?

Three or four companies make a version of the Phase III dish, they are all much the same, but everyone has a favorite, the eagle aspen is the cheapest and nastiest, but I am sure a swap would rule out a bad switch as even with this brand you would have to be REALLY unlucky to get two duds in a row out the box.......good luck.

PSB said:
Three or four companies make a version of the Phase III dish, they are all much the same, but everyone has a favorite, the eagle aspen is the cheapest and nastiest, but I am sure a swap would rule out a bad switch as even with this brand you would have to be REALLY unlucky to get two duds in a row out the box.......good luck.

I've really had no problems with the Eagle Aspen. Their only difference from the others is basically the cover on the lnb.

There are two versions of Phase III dishes. They are interchangeable. The Eagle Aspen, KTI and the RCA's that I've seen, uses three bolts to hold the "Tilt" adjustment circle. It is powder coated textured finished with dull zinc "galvanized" color bolts. The other type has four bolts. It is smooth painted gray with shiny zinc plated bolts. This one is made by Winegard. I've seen one Terk in this configuration.

The lnb's with the built in multiswitches are all compliant with the "patent pending" filed by DirecTV.

Other than the differences stated, there is little difference between all of them.

thanks guys for the replys I'll take this one back and swap it with another one

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)