Are all routers the same?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
My 1-1/2 year old Netgear router has apparently quit on me so I'm in the market for a new one. I know some have extra features that others don't. But is there a difference when it comes to speed? I don't need any extra features. I have Charter Internet with 30 Mbps. The modem and router will sit in a back room of the house. We use 3 iPhones, iPad, and iMac all wirelessly. I have a hard wire running from the router, under the house, and into the living room and into a switch. From there I fed my hopper, Apple TV, and DVD player. So based on that criteria. Would all of the new routers sold today basically work the same for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since you are running all those Apple devices you might consider an Apple router. I had connection issues with my wife's iPad 2 a while back and decided to try an Apple Airport Extreme. All our Apple devices have connected flawlessly ever since the change. The Airport Extreme usually reviews pretty highly as well.

Well my wife and daughter almost lost their minds last night without wifi. So I've had some pressure put on me to get it fixed today, lol. Not a lot of options in my small town. So I went to Walmart during lunch and purchased a Linksys N900 (EA4500). I hope I made a good decision. I was torn between that and a Netgear N750 (WNDR4300). I'm not sure which was the better choice. But since my current Netgear only lasted a little over a year, I thought I would go with Linksys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh, they both make good and bad ones.On the plus side, the good ones last forever.Still have a couple of linksys wrt routers that work well as repeaters.My main router is a netgear, been using it for close to 4yrs now.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)