Are atlanta locals up ??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jawja

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2004
Are the atlanta HD locals up and running and if they are which bird are they on ?? Thanks....................

I have the Atlanta HD locals but there is currently no NBC WXIA HD. I wonder is that because of a dispute between the owners of the station and Dish or is it just being slower to be added then the others. Anyone have any idea? Thanks in advance.

Poke said:
Well if folks have a Dish 1000 should not be a issue.

I'm thinking its better to go with a Dish 500 or Dish 300 (if still available) from what I've read from other posts. My 129 install is this afternoon (rained out lasted Saturday), so I'll be asking my installer to put up something other than a Dish 1000. I don't mind having a third dish up on my chimney since it can't be seen from the front or sides of the house.

Rain fade will be a serious problem for 129 come this spring when the heavy storms hit. Hopefully, 129 is a temporary spot and Dish is planning on moving the stations to E10 when it is ready for its debut.

bkm1436 said:
I have the Atlanta HD locals but there is currently no NBC WXIA HD. I wonder is that because of a dispute between the owners of the station and Dish or is it just being slower to be added then the others. Anyone have any idea? Thanks in advance.

Actually, I just sent an email to WXIA asking that very question. Guess I should send one to Dish as well, but I do need to get back to work! :D

BTW, WXIA is owned by Gannett. Many of Gannett HD channels are not up, based on the GoalieBob's uplink report.

I got my install in the rain last Saturday. I couldn't get 129 from where my Dish 500 was mounted. The installer checked with one of his sighting instruments and I would have to go to the front yard to get it. He put up a wing Dish 500 for 61.5. I get 2 Atlanta stations from dish. I have waivers for them as I'm in Franklin county, part of the Greenville / Spartanburg, SC DMA.

The 61.5 has a very strong signal, probably better than 110 & 119. I may try repointing to 129 from a different location.

bkm1436 said:
Could be that Dish does not have a VHF anntenna---:rolleyes:

J/k

Wife just called to let me know the Dish installer has left. She checked the HD channels and (surprise!) they work!

It wasn't the installer I have been dealing with...so I didn't push for the D500 pointing to 129. Hope this D1000 does fine during storms. I will need to get a signal strength reading from 129 when I get home. I still have my old D500, and a never opened box with a D500 in it from a coworker. If the signals are bad, I may mount the dish myself and move the LNB over.

HDProjekt said:
I just noticed they've added NBC HD. Anyone know when WB HD will be available?

Actually I can answer that question.

NEVER.

WB is gone after this season - it will never make it to Dish.

HDTVFanAtic said:
Actually I can answer that question.

NEVER.

WB is gone after this season - it will never make it to Dish.

Yeah, I read that The WB and UPN are forming one network called "CW" which is officially suppose to launch this Fall. The new Fall line up is expected to be announced this May. I hope DISH will give us the new network in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)