Are Basic Dish Charges Higher?

andrews777

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 5, 2004
I am SkyAngel-only, lifetime sub. I have 2 522 receivers.

My bill was 14.16 last month, but I just noticed it is $18.02 this month.

Did the DVR fee go up?

I have been pondering adding DishFamily, but this may prevent that. I still am not certain about keeping the extra SkyAngel channels. If HGTV was on DishFamily I would be more inclined to go that route, but doing both the SkyAngel channels and DishFamily would give me 3 overlaps (Hallmark, Hallmark Movie and Fox News).

Dish may have gotten almost $4 out of me when they could have had more....

I am debating cancelling the whole thing, or just phasing back to a single receiver and take it out of dual-mode. (I have 1 channel for each 522. That is less important when you have less to tape.)

A related question: Does anyone know if I can still watch recorded shows on a 522 if it is no longer authorized? If I phase back, I would like to watch existing shows, then I may sell the receiver.

Brad

I am SkyAngel-only, lifetime sub. I have 2 522 receivers.

My bill was 14.16 last month, but I just noticed it is $18.02 this month.

Did the DVR fee go up?
do you have one receiver not plugged into the phone line maybe?

I have been pondering adding DishFamily, but this may prevent that.
Dish Family wont save you the fees

I am debating cancelling the whole thing, or just phasing back to a single receiver and take it out of dual-mode. (I have 1 channel for each 522. That is less important when you have less to tape.)
the receiver regardless of mode is still a dual tuner receiver. As long as its plugged itno the phone line, there would be no extra reciever fee if you have just one box active.

A related question: Does anyone know if I can still watch recorded shows on a 522 if it is no longer authorized? If I phase back, I would like to watch existing shows, then I may sell the receiver.

Brad

as long as you can get a satellite signal, yes it will. And a previously subscribed box will still get you Angel One (as long as the dish is at 119)

I have 2 recievers, so I get 1 extra receiver fee and 2 DVR fees. I think the DVR fee went up, but I cannot pull up the previous month's bill online (and my wife has it filed away), so I cannot tell for sure.

Brad

Lets do a little basic math here. DVR fee for each receiver is $5.98. Additional receiver fee is $4.99.

+5.98
+4.99
=$16.95

X 6.25% sales tax ($1.07)

=$18.02

This bill is as correct as it can be right now for what you describe. :)

Now how did we get the $14.16 bill is the real question! :D

The DVR fees were $4.98 years and years ago. But that is only a $2.06 total price difference.
Interesting.

Perhaps you were getting a break on the additional receiver fee.
$5.98x2=$11.98 x6.25% is $12.73 That's not it.

I really don't see any fees from now or recent past that would add up to that right now.

Doh!

I think I figured it out. I cancelled locals last month, which I had added to watch football. They waved the downgrade fee (since I had downgraded dish a longtime back to cut costs and pay of bills and they marked my account as such). I must have had a credit for that on the system, since you pay ahead.

That would explain the lower amount. :)

Brad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts