3ABN Dish set up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Cablemonkey

Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
I have a friend that wants to add a second dish to get 3ABN, He has a couple Dish 500 Dish's laying around but no LNB's. What kind of LNB will he need, and can i just use a single Dish style LNB and go to the input side of the DPP LNB he has now.
Thanks for any help.

Actually I would contact 3ABN and ask them if they have any information about their future relationship with Dish.

It seems silly to install an antenna at 61.5 when for all we know all SA programming will be shut off 4/1.

Dish may move it, they may leave 61.5 alone for some time to come. Fact is we are in the in between time and just don't know.

But to add the 61.5 position in addition to a lnb you would need a multi switch also.

It's also important to note that 3ABN should be at 61.5 after SA* goes off air, because 3ABN deals directly with Dish as a Public Interest channel now. They are no longer part of any SA* offering.

It's also important to note that 3ABN should be at 61.5 after SA* goes off air, because 3ABN deals directly with Dish as a Public Interest channel now. They are no longer part of any SA* offering.
I think you are right. I am watching 3abn on Sky Angel now, 3abn has its regular program info up, while all the other channels have this special ino about SA going off the air after 3/31/08.
This maybe an indication that 3abn will be on the air, on sat 61.5 after 3/31/08. We will know for sure by Monday or Tuesday.

DB