Are DECA Modules Required for MRV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

egnlsn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
Taylorsville, UT
My HD DVRs are part of my home network. For MRV, do I still need to buy the $200 kit that includes DECA modules to network my DVRs?

What models do you have and how are they currently connected to your network? If they are all ethernet networked through a router, then all you have to do is fire off an email to have them enable the 'unsupported' MRV method. DECA is the official supported method, so if you have issues and want them to help you, that's the way it needs to be done. But there are plenty of people here doing it the ethernet way with no trouble.

Depends on what type of deca. A receiver deca or broadband deca? If you have anything older then a HR24 then you'll need them unless you go with jersey method. I've heard goods and bads of both so really it's however you want to do it

An HR21 and an HR23. They are both connected to a 10/100 switch in my A/V closet which is connected to my router in the basement.

I knew that others were doing it via Ethernet, so when I tried to get it activated and they told me that I had to buy the kit, I was confused.

Went through all of that. At first, of course, he told me that it couldn't be done without DECA. After I told him that there were updated pages in the DORIS database, he changed his tune. He got it added to my account, but I couldn't share my playlists. After we hung up, I took another look. Went into Network Services in the menu and tested again, and voila! Everything was there.

Thanks guys!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts