Are Dish America packages a thing off the past?

neftv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
PA USA
I back to reading this forum again. Quick question. Are the Dish America packages a thing of the past? I have the Dish America 49.99 for probably 3-4 years now. I only watch 3 or 4 channels that are on that base package and serves me well. When I log into my account I don't see the other Dish America higher tiered packages i remembered. I only see the standard ones at120 at200 so forth. My one other thing i got my vip622 looking at sats 61.5 72 77 on the one dish. I notice the for example usa network hd on channel 105 willl revert to sd but if i find the high channel number for usa network hd it works. Simulair to scifi 122 and so forth. Are they doing this by design to get people to jump ship from dish america to get the AT packages? As long as i get the 3-4 channels i watch im sticking with what i have i just have to remember to go to high channel duplicates to get the hd version.

They are still there, but IIRC they are only available to sub to through an agent. Kind of a retention offering.

And I dont't think they were really any deal to begin with, comparativly.

I think you may have a problem with your 622. The high channel that "works" is the same channel that is remapped to the lower channel number.

Reactions: osu1991
i think there is something going on with my 622. So i have Dish America for example channel 105 USA HD diverts to SD yet if i go to a higher channel USA HD i get it. there is a number of channels this is happening. i did a factory reset, check switch so i get green on 61.5 72 and 77. still seems the same. now today my 622 indicates power for few seconds sometimes i hear a fan then then shuts off. I'm unpluging it for a few mins to see if anything changes.

Sounds like you are having a problem with your sat dish peaking. IF it keeps defaulting to Sd versions instead of hd , your sat dish isn't peaked for maximum signal strengths for the hd satellites. I believe most all hd is on 72.7 sat if you have eastern arc sats and Sd versions are on 61.5 sats. Check your signal strengths for 72.7 on either 19 or 21 transponders. I get around 52 and 50 on both transponders respectively. But I must add that we have been having flash flood rains all day today ,so that strength is not what it is normally. Anything 50 or greater on eastern arc sats is considered to be good for a locked in signal strength. By the way the receiver is set to default to hd ,but if no locked in signal it will then default to the sd version.

Another thought , check and see if you have the hd version locked out on your receiver so that it has no choice but to select the sd version.

looks like i probably have a problem with my 622.. this weekend its been power cycling on its own ever like 5 mins or less. lets put it this way before i can get to any menu it just shuts off then soon after powers up. sometimes it gets to program video sometimes not past acquiring satellite page. i have to see if anyone has suggestions here. i purchased this vip622 back in feb 2007 so i guess i got my money's worth from it. now i have to decide if i should modernize and get the latest and greatest or consider this my exit from dish. i also noticed the white plastic casing was cracked on feedhorn when i happen to examine the dish. i think a piece of it broke out leaving the one feed elements exposed.

looks like i probably have a problem with my 622.. this weekend its been power cycling on its own ever like 5 mins or less. lets put it this way before i can get to any menu it just shuts off then soon after powers up. sometimes it gets to program video sometimes not past acquiring satellite page. i have to see if anyone has suggestions here. i purchased this vip622 back in feb 2007 so i guess i got my money's worth from it. now i have to decide if i should modernize and get the latest and greatest or consider this my exit from dish. i also noticed the white plastic casing was cracked on feedhorn when i happen to examine the dish. i think a piece of it broke out leaving the one feed elements exposed.

Sure, if you have an outside tv antenna hooked up and scanned in locals, disconnect the coax from the back, and see if it boots up. If that doesn't help, open the case and unplug the harddrive. It's installed dead center of the top, right under the main bracket. Just pull out the power cord, and see if it then boots. If it's that, you need a new drive or replacement receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts