Are Dish's Voomer's happy?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
riffjim4069 said:
I agree! VOOM10 is nice, but I sure miss Cinema10: Family Room, World Cinema, Film Fest, Gunslingers, KungFU, Ha Ha, Vice, and WorldSport)...plus Universal HD, WealthTV, CinemaxHD, TMC HD, and Encore HD (too bad it's gone!). On a positive note, the 942 is an outstanding addition and I now have more to watch that I have time to watch...just need 100 terabytes more of hard drive space.

I was extremely happy with VOOM DBS service...and I am surprisingly happy with my E* service so far :)
You Missed STAZ HD that rocled for movies!!!!!!!!!

Happy to be Vooming again as of Tuesday. Comcast's refusal to add TNT-HD here in San Francisco was frustrating, and for me Dish is a great option with the 942 and Voom.

It's nice to be able to show someone a cool show when they come over, instead of telling them about this cool show they missed and wow how great it was...

Yes, it would be perfect if World Cinema, FilmFest and Lab were back. (Well, Lab *is* better than a Dish's HDTV demo channel, isn't it?)

And I even managed to avoid paying for the extra Voom dish, even though my locals are on 148! Not sure how, but when I ordered through the Web site, with no commitment, and Voom, and a 942 and 625, I never got dinged the $99 for the extra dish. I had expected to, and would have paid it had it come up, but it did not.

When my installer called Dish to activate, they came on the phone and tried to get it out of me. I protested, since my work order and confirmation showed my order (and what I was due from Dish) with no mention of the fee.

After a few minutes of cordial but stern negotiation, they activated without the fee. (I already had all the dishes and wiring I needed from a previous Dish install, so the install was easy except for swapping out a Dish 500 to point at 61.5.)

Ex Voomer here. Very happy with E*. Love the 942, DVR feature. Some quirks with one OTA and caller ID. I have not subscribed to the Voom channels yet. Really only miss Rush and Rave channels.

Question: Will there ever be a day when the Voom channels will be available while still using just the one dish?

Will there ever be a day when the Voom channels will be available while still using just the one dish?
The Voom channels already are all available on one sat (i.e. can be received using one dish).

cruzer said:
Ex Voomer here. Very happy with E*. Love the 942, DVR feature. ...
Question: Will there ever be a day when the Voom channels will be available while still using just the one dish?
Content that this is the best that can be for now. Worried there will less Voom channels in the end and only compilations of what we new. 942 soothes the pain though.

I too wonder if Dish in the next year or so will ever be able to consolidate it's satellite use, so at least ALL HD is on one dish and SD on the other. I would need three dishes and my OTA on my roof if I wanted all Dish had to offer. Way too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)