Are E*** CSR's really incompetent or do they do it on purpose?

MikeF

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 2, 2003
I have just been 2 plus hours of a nightmare. I know what all went on but I still do not believe it. First the background.

I upgraded to a 622 to replace an 811 and a 510. Told the installer over the phone I wanted to decommision the 510 when he installed the 622. Got home and the 510 was still hooked up and the 811 was in the box. This caused my first mistake, I trusted the 811 was decommisioned. I did call and have the 510 shut off myself.

Now the fun starts. I gave my Daughter the 811 and she gave me a 301 to use in my kitchen to replace an old 3700. She calls today and tells them to turn off the 301 and tries to activated the 811. They tell her it is still on my account but they for some reason agree to move it to hers. It is now active on her account. I get home at 6:00 PM and I have NO CHANNELS on the 301. I figure she has got things done so I call and try to decommision the 3700 and add the 301. CSR cannot get it done and hands me up the line. I am then told I have an account with the HD Gold package but I have NO RECEIVERS ON MY ACCOUNT. After 30 minutes we finally get things fixed and I now have the 622 and the 301 showing and everything seems to be working like it should. Should be end of story,,,,, right.

All the while I was getting things switched, my Daughter was out shopping. She gets home and guess what? Now she HAS NO CHANNELS. The CSR had now switched ALL OF HER BOXES to my account, not just the 301. She has to spend 55 minutes on the phone all the way up to the Executve CSR to get it straightened out. At least we seem to have things right.

Another thing pops up which seems to be screwed up and that is my account. I have been on autopay for years. In January my Wife lost her purse so we cancelled all our CC's. I got a CC back before I got my Debit card back and used it to pay Feb. bill. On the 2nd or 3rd of March I called and ordered the 622 and gave the CSR my new debit card # for my autopay. That has been screwed up, too. My account shows a balance due of over $215. I knew from balancing my checkbook that they had not done the debit but figured they had used the $299 credit from the 622 purchase. And to tell you the truth, I never look at the E*** bill since it is autopay. I will call them tomorrow to get that fixed, if I can get a CSR that speaks English.

And this all going on while I have one of the screwed up 622's that keeps crashing all the time, 8 times Sunday afternoon and evening. Needless to say, I am not real happy with E*** at the moment.

I've had to call Dish at least 4 times in the last month for various things. I hadn't called for about a year prior to that.

It is amazing how night and day the difference between the old CSRs and the new CSRs.

My major complaint would be the actual quality of the call. There is all sorts of static and buzz on the line. The interactive menus sound fine, and then the CSR comes on and it's crap.

Did Dish cheap out on the connection of the off shore CSRs to the US customers?

I have not had any problems with CSR's except they turn down their headsets and then they can't hear me forcing me to call back again. my problem is with tech support. Example: last week I got a call from a customer saying her picture is pixalating, I drive there (30 miles 1 way) and run a few standard tests on her system. signal was excellent, switch test good, cabling in like new conditon, connections good. I deduced that her 322 was going bad and had her call dish and get a replacement. Tech support said "no her reciever is fine and that there is something else wrong". So another 30 mile trip to her house and I decided to replace the DP34 switch, no difference so I replaced the LNB's. No pixalation so I leave. 1 hour later I called her back and guess what? PIXALATION!!. This time I called tech support and got them to send a new reciever to her. I drove another 30 miles to install the new reciever a few days later, another bad reciever! called and got her another one. today drove another 30 miles to her house and installed the second replacement. so far it is working good. now if tech support would believe us since we deal with these problems out in the field and not from a office I could of saved 25.00 worth of gas for a 15.00 service call.

get used to it ive spent 5 plus hours in 1 day on the phone with dish before, they truely are retarded
basically i spent every waking moment of that day on the phone going back and forth with dullards:)

A while back someone posted a solution that I have since used and have had no problems. In fact, I have used it three times and it worked all three times. I dial the regular dish number 888-333-DISH and just stay on the line without pressing any of the prompts. It repeats about three times before transferring me to a CSR in the US. I have yet to get sent overseas using this method.

SBD

I dial the regular dish number 888-333-DISH and just stay on the line without pressing any of the prompts. It repeats about three times before transferring me to a CSR in the US. I have yet to get sent overseas using this method.
I will try to remember this, you can bet.

888-333-DISH isn't the number, it's 800. The call routing is random. We only have two of 11 call centers overseas. You must remember though, we offer international programming, so, there's international customers.

funkenstein said:
888-333-DISH isn't the number, it's 800. The call routing is random. We only have two of 11 call centers overseas. You must remember though, we offer international programming, so, there's international customers.

The few calls I made to customer service to inquire about the 622 upgrade have wound up over a crappy voice over ip connection to the call center in India. Add that to the crappy English... Even when I tried the "wait without dialling anything" I got a female who was as hard to understand as Ghandi on crack.

I called the main office, and spoke with someone who spoke English... he took my payment, processed it, upgraded my account (went from 118 a month to 148 now, I'd like to know how this happened) and said the computer gave a date of April 10th for delivery. Fine. Dandy. A happy lad I was.

So... comes now April 10. The UPS driver forgot to put the package on the truck. And so we waited around yet another day for UPS, only to find that the box that was supposed to contain the 622 was empty... Placed yet another call to Customer Service and Rajika "was pleased to assure me that I was speaking to a person in America" which of course I was not -- the voip was so "great" this time I could swear I heard cows mooing in the background. Anyways, she, as usual, was pleased to inform me that the 622 had been shipped, but it was too soon to have a tracking number in the system (this after she gave me the tracking number for the empty box again pleased to be assuring me that it was correct).

Friday afternoon, I called tech support. After having to speak with a supervisor in another building, back and forth, eating up another 20 minutes of my time, I was told that the 622 was on back order and no date had been set.

I'm going to call the ERT again Monday. If I don't have the box this coming week, Charlie's going to have to suffer without my $148 a month...

Makes me laugh,

Reminds me of CSR roullette for ExpressVU up here in Canada.

In order to get a CSR who has english as their top 2 languages you have to press "2" for french and then when connected just start speaking english and they are at least bilingual and from this continent.

Kryspy

Last night I tried the "press no button" bit when trying to activate my replacement 622. It took 10 minutes for the 1st CSR to get on the line and they were foreign. I was told I needed a Tech and was switched back to the original loop of 3 times with no button. After 8 minutes got another foreign who was in billing again. She told me I needed Tech and back to the loop I go. After anther 9 minutes, I get another foreign in Programming who tells my I need Tech. She promises me she will get it right and then proceeds to cut me off completely. Glutton for punishment that I am, I call back and start all over. To shorten the story I will tell you that after 55 MINUTES , I finally get to a Tech guy and we finally get the new 622 operating and I hang up the phone 2 hours after starting the receiver swap. Now the Icing on the Cake. The new 622 dies within 20 minutes of me hanging up and will not come back on at all, just sits there with the harddrive spinning, even after 7 plus hours. I get to go home and play CSR Roulette all over again :( I cannot wait :( :(

I am also remined of the poor c/s here in Canada with ExpressVu.I had a dead week old receiver.After being on hold for 2 hours I finally got a guy who spoke as much English as a Mexican housekeeper.I tried to tell him that I had already tried everything but after 45 minutes he informed me that the receiver was bad.He then shut my account off for no reason and had to speak to his suprvisor to turn it back on.He put me on hold for some reason and came back 15 minutes later telling me that there were no 3100's available and it would have to be replaced with a 2700.After talking to 2 other csr's I was told my replacement 3100 would be here in 3 days.3 days later I received a 3100 in a box marked 2700.

Yesterday I took my Dish 500 and my old 4900 receiver to my mom's to swap it all out for her Dish 300 and 3000 receiver.
The Dish swap and aiming went fine. The Receiver swap went fine. I called to transfer my receiver to her name and programing etc.
The "tech" said my 4900 was a leased unit and would have to be returned. I told him I've had it for years and they didn't even have a lease program when I got it. He said I was wrong and it had to be returned. Finally after several minutes of arguing, I asked for his supervisor and he was able to do what I wanted.

When I got home I turned on the TV and all my programming had been turned off. The tech said there was no record of me having a receiver. I gave her the numbers off the 211 setup screen and she had to reauthorize the receiver.

I am no longer amazed at anything that happens at Dish Network. These people are beyond stupid and are just plain pathetic

CSR's should be CRS's.....Cant Remember Sh*t

I am an installer and I agree that they seem incompetent. I am able to get a csr without having to wait like the customers do. I have had the call center call my office/FSM twice after I asked who did they blew to get their job. During the week I can call and usually get right through, but on the weekends forget it. Unfortunately they have a high turnover rate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)