quad lnb on 61.5

aamert

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
I have question about quad lnb

I have dish 500 (pointed to 61.5) with DVR 625

If i install a quad lnb , would all 4 outputs be 61.5. ?? or not?

i am asking because when i install 2 single lnbs only 1 lnb picks up the 61.5 while the other dont pick up anything.

Thanks,

I dunno. It might.

The reason the singles doesn't work is because they aren't switched and only 1 of the lnbs is looking at 61.5

Since you are aimed at 61.5, there isn’t a satellite for Dish near it for the 2nd satellite(70.5 or 52.5) :D

So normally you hook up a dual to one slot of the "Y" and leave the other empty

I don’t know if you hook a quad up will it work properly. It is probably trying to get 2 satellites

"If i install a quad lnb , would all 4 outputs be 61.5. ?? or not?"

The answer is NO. For a single satellite use a single or dual LNB. You can use a Quad to pick up a single satellite location but only 2 ports will see 61.5.

in regards to quad lnb -
i wanted to use the 2 outputs for my dual tuner receiver
and leave the other 2 for any further recivers that i buy.

BUt i guess i am just better off buying a dual

well when you put the dual/single into a DP34 you get 3 satellites for 4 outputs anyway....

Just buy a legacy dual and a $5 D* multiswitch. It'll work like a charm.

For the record, I think the quad would work, because I have used twins in such a fashion for 61.5, run through a DP34 in one instance, and a DPP twin in another. We have to adapt and overcome when our "employers" don't keep enough inventory on hand.

yes yo will get the 61.5 on all feeds and yes i have done it before since iam a dns tech we never have what we need to do a job right-but i dont know how a dual tuner will read it

"yes yo will get the 61.5 on all feeds"

Sorry but how can you get all feeds when one side of the Quad Lnb is looking at about 9 degrees separation? Yes, you will see 61.5 with one side (2 ports of the quad) but all 4 of them?

it doesnt work...just tried it

Set up a D500 on 61.5 with a dual and threw a quad on and ran check switch...only 2 ports showed..other 2 had X's on them

when we did it we peaked the dish in from the 110 side of a dp quad for the 148 the internal switch is what allowd it when i checked switched it read 148 all or feed not really sure now but it did work for 3 rec's for international now how long it lasted i dont know but when we left it did,or it could have been the software of the time on the rec hell i dont know but it worked

If you put a Quad pointed to 61.5, then all four outputs will display 61.5 if and only if the outputs do not go into a switch.
If you do go into a switch, then the internal switch on the Quad will be disabled and only 2 of the outputs (1 & 4 or 2 & 3) will display 61.5.
But with no other switch, then the internal switch in the Quad should output 61.5 to all 4 ports (after a check switch of course).

ok so i should just go ahead and buy the quad lnb. is there any diff kinds of quads or not? to go with d500?

also i will be connecting 2 outputs to a dual tuner and 1 out of the remaining two to the single receiver.

thanks guys

There is Legacy & DishPro

Legacy is an older style and will work with ALL receivers
DishPro will only work with 3 digit receiver models (301, 522, etc). It wont work on a 4900, 4000, 3000, etc without an adapter

If you're going to buy a Quad, you're better off buying a DP Dual and a DP34 switch. Again you will only get 2 ports to see 61.5 but if you want to try, go for it.

The lnbf has a built in switch, hence why when you unplug the sat in on the back of the receiver and run a check switch, it shows "No Switch Box Detected". If you use a quad, it will combine the sat signals of 61.5 and x together into one signal, and split it to four cables.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)