Are four sats possible?

Squiglee

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2004
We just converted to a superdish so we now get "local" channels (we are way in the mountains and do not get any over the air stations). However, we had to unhook the dish that pointed to location 61.5 and we lost CBSHD.

I really liked the sports on CBSHD!

Dish has not really answered my inquiries about when or if they will be moving CBSHD onto on of the three sats that the superdish sees.

Does anyone know if it is possible to have a four satellite solution? Or perhaps have knowledge of CBSHD moving...

It is possible when using DPP44 switcher. Who knows when that will be availiable, maybe 200X according Dish's timeline.........

CBS-HD is staying on the wings as of now Since not everyone qualifies for it, it may not move.

Right now, until the DPP44 (or DP44) shows up, you're kinda SOL right now :(

I'm in the same boat..When i got the superdish upgrade dish knew i needed a 4 sat solution...I too need the 61.5 sat for cbs-hd..I spoke with someone at dish a few days ago about the status of the dp+44 i was told they had some available but they were having an over heating problem with them. Told the guy well my current dp34 switch is in my basement where it's generally between 60 to 65 degrees.He said he would try and get me one.That was almost 2 weeks ago and i'm still waiting for a call back

A simple 30" motorised system catches every satellite, no more waiting in for the dish guy to come over to swap out your dish every time they decide to change things! They change your programming to another satellite? Takes about 10 seconds to move your dish from East to west. Every satellite forever!

My solution was i have my 301 connected to the superdish and i have the 811 connected to the 61.5 dish

PSB, you sound like you used to be a BUD user (Big Ugly Dish, for those without the abreviations dictionary).

10 seconds doesn't sound like a lot, but jumping between stations on multiple SATs can have the 10 seconds seem like an eternity. I've operated both and the faster channel surfing capable with E* is like night and day.

Of course, I've never used BUD since before 4DTV came out from General Instruments, perhaps BUD doesn't look like an Apple IIE on the receiver menus, guide, etc, any more.

dfergie said:
Ot again slightly but are the 811's still having problems with the side sats?
The missing 148 bird problem was solved some time back. Think it might have been even before sw vs266 came out.