Are Locals going to move Sats with new additions?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

leonreno

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 23, 2009
GEORGIA
I am in the Albany, Ga DMA and our locals (HD) are on the 129 sat, which I don't understand at all. It puts it so low in the sky compared to the other sats, that it must cause a lot of LOS issues. My question is will Dish be moving the locals around anytime soon, now that they are planning to add many more DMAs? Its seems that our locals should be on the Eastern Arc not the Western Arc. I am going to get a Dish installer to check my house soon but I think I am going to have LOS issue with the 129 sat. Its about 30 degrees up and I have very tall pine trees around my house.

Here in NE TN the az on 129 is 245 degrees on a compass & the elevation is a whopping 24 degrees....:eek: We are a WA dma also. I would love to see hd locals offered in EA & WA, let the installer decide which would be the better los. On the other hand it has to be a logistical nightmare for dish keeping up with all the different dma's they offer which I'm sure ties up huge amounts of their resources(bandwidth). I guess I should just feel lucky they even offer hd lil's here at all. There is still many dma's waiting on hd lil's that is not on either arc yet. I hate to say this but it may be time to break out a chainsaw......

Evansville, IN HD was uplinked to 77W and the area is on EA. Maybe they could swap places. Or I am hoping they move them over to E14 on spotbeam B14. I am not giving up hope yet!

I am in the Albany, Ga DMA and our locals (HD) are on the 129 sat, which I don't understand at all. It puts it so low in the sky compared to the other sats, that it must cause a lot of LOS issues. My question is will Dish be moving the locals around anytime soon, now that they are planning to add many more DMAs? Its seems that our locals should be on the Eastern Arc not the Western Arc. I am going to get a Dish installer to check my house soon but I think I am going to have LOS issue with the 129 sat. Its about 30 degrees up and I have very tall pine trees around my house.

I have not heard any rumors but it has been speculated that once Dish launches the E-15 satellite next month to 61.5 W, that more of the spotbeam TPs on the E-12 satellite at 61.5 W would be turned on. This would occur in late August or early September. Looking at the E-12 spotbeam map, there are spotbeam TPs that Dish could turn on for your area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)