Are signal boosters available for Direct TV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

WarrenPFJr

Original poster
Nov 12, 2012
New York State
Hey Guys,
I have a bit of a unique situation. I had a High Def dish installed on our barn roof last winter so we could have TV on the second flr studio of the barn. We moved into this barn studio as we completed our new home about 150 ft away. The home is 99% complete and I am trying to figure out how to get TV in there. I was hoping to tie into the dish on the Barn Roof, but Direct TV tells me its too far away. Is there a way to boost this signal from the barn to the new house or do i need to bite the bullet and install a second dish on the new house? The furthest distance from the dish to the last TV i would like to hook up is probably 300 ft way. I would like to keep the existing dish on the barn since this will become my home office/ man cave
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Warren

If you are going to try to run 300ft you will need to use RG11 cable instead of RG6. But even then, you will have problems if you are splitting the signal to multiple TVs. It's going to be a lot less problem (and probably less expensive) to install a second dish

Just pay the 49.99 to have the dish moved. It is cheaper and better solution then anything, anyone can come up with.
Hey Guys,
I have a bit of a unique situation. I had a High Def dish installed on our barn roof last winter so we could have TV on the second flr studio of the barn. We moved into this barn studio as we completed our new home about 150 ft away. The home is 99% complete and I am trying to figure out how to get TV in there. I was hoping to tie into the dish on the Barn Roof, but Direct TV tells me its too far away. Is there a way to boost this signal from the barn to the new house or do i need to bite the bullet and install a second dish on the new house? The furthest distance from the dish to the last TV i would like to hook up is probably 300 ft way. I would like to keep the existing dish on the barn since this will become my home office/ man cave
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Warren

Thanks Guys. I think i will go with the second dish- i dont want to move the dish on the barn because i want to keep TV in there as well.
I will want 2-3 TVs in the house so I guess the second dish is probably the way to go.

Thanks Guys. I think i will go with the second dish- i dont want to move the dish on the barn because i want to keep TV in there as well.
I will want 2-3 TVs in the house so I guess the second dish is probably the way to go.

Dishes aren't too expensive on ebay. I did that rather than run a wire from my house to the shop/garage. (<50' away)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)