Are Skinny bundels the answer to cord cutting?

Anyone (Scott? ) know if the Flex will be expanded in the future to offer more add on packs?

I like the idea of Flex, and for many I can see it being the best fit for them. For me though it would not save me money over my traditional sat package that I had, and it would be vastly more expensive to get the same channels that I watch through Vue. Doing a quick order test on dish, to get the channels we watch with the second tier VUE service I would be at $70 vs $35 before added equipment costs. When costs for 4 tvs are added in it goes to $100.

Going to Vue also when Comcast upgrades us to the 1gig service next month, can't beat the no box fees, we have 5 TVs but only 2 are hooked up to cable boxes, the kids rooms and our bedroom are Roku only because I hate the idea of spending that monthly fee for boxes that are not used that much and most of what they watch are on the Roku via TV Everywhere apps and other services.

With Comcast 1gig service at $70 a month ( already signed the contract for 3 years with the price lock) and $35 for Vue, I can live with that ( if it was up to me TV Service would be gone).

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Anyone (Scott? ) know if the Flex will be expanded in the future to offer more add on packs?
I would like it if they maybe added some of the missing channels to the add on packs. Like Mtv and BBC America. But obviously these two channels haven't worked out a deal to do so with DISH , yet.

I watch exactly one show on BBC America, that show is on hiatus until Christmas day and then again until next year when new episodes are available. And there are other ways to get that one episode.

But yes, I'd still like to see BBC America in a pack somewhere, hopefully one I'm already paying for. :)

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I admit I'm close to considering this flex pack just so I can get the business channels for discovering more companies to invest in and additional insights... getting all 3 in the news package is pretty nice (Bloomberg, CNBC, and Fox Business), and I'm getting all the science channels except Animal Planet.

This really does have almost all the channels I personally need and it's not missing much since I don't need kids channels and don't watch sports... I've never seen a package offer Fox Business that wasn't an expensive one before... this is just about perfect for me. As soon as I move into new house I'm going to get flex pack. :)

Nothing directv or dish has in their other packages compared to what my needs are, but I'm kind of an oddball case since I want news and science channels only. Also WGN is in the flex pack but not in the 120 pack.

Last edited:

I looked into the Flex pack and with the add on's I would want, I might as well stay with AT250+Movies+ Supers. I get more channels I like for nearly the same price. True, I have to pay too much for sports channels I never watch, but at least I get the majority of what I want. Still no BBC World in AT250 as yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)