are some of those ku satellites drifting a bit?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

chadg2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Maiden Rock, WI
seems like some of the ku birds tend to drift just a bit like Galaxy 16 and Horizons 2. I've had to go into the menu's and change the location of these satellites from 99.0 to 99.2 to 99.5 to peak the best signal. I'm using usals to move my 85cm dish with my openbox s9. Satellites like Galaxy 28 & SES 1 never have to be adjusted. I also had to adjust AMC 15 just a bit for best signal last night. Any thougths? Thanks.

uuummm......no

sounds like your motor aim might be off or might have moved slightly....did you have a recent storm or heavy winds?....if so, your motor has probably shifted/turned slightly on the mounting pole and that is whats causing the incorrect aim....

there is a bit of slop movement left to right when I move the dish by hand. My dish mover is almost new (sg-2100) I would say I can move the dish maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch left or right. No storms here that I know of.

I think it is you...if they drift, well, someone would fix it...

And we'd all be talking about it...

Realign and try that...it does sound like a lot of slop...

seems like some of the ku birds tend to drift just a bit like Galaxy 16 and Horizons 2. I've had to go into the menu's and change the location of these satellites from 99.0 to 99.2 to 99.5 to peak the best signal. I'm using usals to move my 85cm dish with my openbox s9. Satellites like Galaxy 28 & SES 1 never have to be adjusted. I also had to adjust AMC 15 just a bit for best signal last night. Any thougths? Thanks.

Are these sat near the True south peak of the arc. If so it is the slight slop that will happen very often at the peak of your arc. There will be a little back & forth movement when the pivot is the center. You are talking .2 of a degree that is very little in the real world.

Yep! it's close to the center of the arc. after I adjusted those (2) they seem to be fine now. I see galaxy 16 listed some places at 99.0W and some places 99.2W, does anyone know exactly which it is for the ku-band side?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts