Are the 211's shipping with Component Cables?

Shepherd777

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2006
I've heard from some that no cables are included, and others that say they were.

What cables, if any, were in your 211 shipment?

Thanks,
Bob Sliwa

My 211 came with component cables however they weren't in the box. The installer had brought the 211 along with a plastic bag that contained the component cables, both were in separate, sealed packaging.

Nope, you're not the only one, my 211 has component, but no HDMI. By the way, the HDMI seems to work fine on mine so far. And it seems as if Dish used a higher quality OTA tuner this time around that actually LOCKS with a high signal on every available channel!(811 owners rejoice)....

David

And the verdict is....

I just received new sealed 211 from Dishdepot.

8' component cables were in a sealed bag with the phone and RG59.

So...I dunno. If folks aren't getting them, mayhaps the installers are pocketing them before delivery.

Yep, got my new 211 from DishDepot

It had *2* sets of 8' component cables in the box, sealed in plastic bags.

Maybe I got someone elses too :)

Hey guys, not trying to upset anyone hear, but what color are the component you recieved?

I ordered a 211 from DishDepot and did not get any component cables.

Thanks

WJMorales said:
Hey guys, not trying to upset anyone hear, but what color are the component you recieved?

I ordered a 211 from DishDepot and did not get any component cables.

Thanks

Mine were tan/off white. Definitely component, not composite, as I am using one set.

There are a set of composite ones too, red/wht/yellow.

Am calling DishDepot. I did not get my blue, green, and cable. JK I use HDMI! Consider it a bonus. I was searching the Dish Network site and component cable are not included with the 211's.

Aw Shoot!!!

I was so excited to receive my 211 I mistook stinkin' COMPOSITE cables for Component!!!

:mad:

I have always used HD-15 RGB on my Dish 6000 setup.

Does anyone know if the stinkin' COMPOSITE cable will work in the Component jacks until I buy some good Component cables???

Last edited:
Shepherd777 said:
I was so excited to receive my 211 I mistook stinkin' COMPOSITE cables for Component!!!

:mad:

I have always used HD-15 RGB on my Dish 6000 setup.

Does anyone know if the stinkin' COMPOSITE cable will work in the Component jacks until I buy some good Component cables???
I don't think so, but just go to Sam's Club or WalMart and buy some component cables. And yeah, that sucks that some people get the right cables and other don't. Why bother sending a cable bundle with HD receivers if you don't include HD cables?

Need help w/ota

Why keep 942 if MPEG2 HD going away?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts