Are the Pistons ripe for the taking?? GO HEAT!!

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
I think there is one X-Factor in the series....Pat Reilly....He will out-coach Flip Saunders...NOW, will the Heat players execute? That will remain to be seen.
If they do, The Heat will win this series.

I'm surprised how well the Heat have done with the fact Shaq has been practically been a non-factor in the playoffs this year. Even when he plays well, he keeps getting into constant foul trouble and has to go to the bench. This is especially true on the offensive end when tries to spin to the baseline from the post, where he has lost that half step and has to make up for it by either hooking or raising his elbows to the point where he will hit his defender and gets called for the offensive foul. I noticed from most the Heat games in the playoffs that Zo actually plays better with Dwayne Wade than Shaq does with Wade. Wade has easily been the the Heat's MVP, and probably the MVP in the playoffs, even more than Dirk. This truely is his team.

The pistons went 5 games, and then 7 games, and had 1 day off after a seven game series, they're tired and may not recover in time to make a series out of this. No way is this series any good, let alone as good as the Mavs vs. anybody.

Purogamer said:
The pistons went 5 games, and then 7 games, and had 1 day off after a seven game series, they're tired and may not recover in time to make a series out of this. No way is this series any good, let alone as good as the Mavs vs. anybody.

You know....last year, when the Heat lost the series 4-3, Wade missed a game because of a rib injury and the Pistons fans moaned and bitched about the fact that that is 'no excuse' and 'those are the breaks of the game'....NOW the Pistons lost and the excuses are flying all over the place. Now what would have been said if the Pistons HAD WON?? Would Heat fans been allowed to use the excuse of "well, that one week off made them a tad slow and rusty" ? NO...so with that being said.....IF the Pistons had SWEPT the Cavaliers like they were SUPPOSED to....they would have had their rest too! At this point of the season EVERYONE is tired....so....sucked it up and that's the breaks. The Pistons lost because when on offense, they play 4 against 5...with Wallace showing that he is a beast on defense and rebounding....but less than average on offense. And the Heat have a better bench than last years' Heat team...and a better coach than Detroit has....THAT last point is the x-fact, as stated before.....in a playoff series, take your choice as your coach....Reilly or Saunders....I rest my case....

The Pistons looked tired, they dragged ass, they had their asses handed to them. They have only themselves to blame for the loss...and if they didn't come physically and metally prepared to play...too bad! As far as B. Wallace...I don't know of a single team who wouldn't want him in their lineup. He's like a Rodman on the boards...minus the selfish and insane behavior.

Pistons have looked dead on the court since game 3 of the series with the cavs...their shooting percentages reflect that. They still beat the cavs because the cavs are a one man team...5 guys can beat 1 every time...

Purogamer said:
Pistons have looked dead on the court since game 3 of the series with the cavs...their shooting percentages reflect that. They still beat the cavs because the cavs are a one man team...5 guys can beat 1 every time...
One man team or not, at least the Cavs wore their asses out. GO HEAT!!

What is this pistons-love based on? They barely hung on last night, they're hanging on by a thread, though the heat aren't exactly on fire right now either...

You notice how soft Rasheed Wallace has been? He spent more effort whining to the refs than actually trying to play basketball! His defense was lazy, jumping on Antoine Walker fakes, allowing him on several occasions to drive past him to the basket. Offensively he was more interested in shooting 3 pointers, which is why the Heat, most of the time put a smaller guy on him, daring him to post them up. The only time he showed up to play was when they put Morning and Shaq in the game together and Morning had to cover him, and he was able to start getting open looks (but only when he got motivated after getting miffed on a call by the refs).

CAN ANY TEAM WHINE and CRY like the Pistons do??!! My GOD, every time the whistle blew, you would see one or two Pistons PLEADING to a referee or two.

You noticed the entire game that 90% of the whining in this series has been from Rasheed Wallace. I'm gonna have to say it, especially after I saw his Game 2 no show, and now his game 3 no show he is gonna get into some big incident. He is either gonna get himself tossed by the refs, or he is gonna try to attack his coaches. Its coming. One thing I didn't notice during the game was shown on sportscenter was how Rasheed pulled a Rodman 95 and sat out the team huddle! Considering how he just wants to shoot 3 pointers, and play lazy defense and complain to the refs, I wonder if he even wants to play basketball anymore. Cause thats all I can think of for these constant no shows. Thats the main reason why Detroit isn't scoring any points since the beginning of the Cavs series.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts